Multiple FC, Crashes, and Freeze

16th February 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beltsville
Thanks Meter: 440

2,150 posts
Donate to Me
So I purchased this N5 through TMobile on Wednesday and finally took it out the box yesterday and set it up. Now, I am on high speed wifi and whenever I try to watch youtube, it either freezes, force closes, or just stays on page showing loading.

With other apps/browser, it does the same thing. Either FC or keeps on loading. Is there a fix or should I get get a newer one from TMobile?
16th February 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,396

9,938 posts
If you just got the device if take it back. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing. They'll probably tell you to do a factory reset which you could do to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 5
16th February 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beltsville

2,150 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

If you just got the device if take it back. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing. They'll probably tell you to do a factory reset which you could do to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've done factory reset, tried custom rom; nothing worked. When I did custom rom, it worked last night, but this morning, the problems persists.

I got 4 N5s and the other 3 is working as it should, but this one is just a headache so far.
16th February 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,595

25,989 posts
is this happening via wifi or via your mobile data connection?
16th February 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beltsville

2,150 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

is this happening via wifi or via your mobile data connection?

Wifi and mobile data.

Funny thing is, I was over my brother's place last night (his phone is the one that's having issues), he connected his to wifi and I was on HSPA. I was able to connect and play videos on youtube while his hanged. Even when I connected to his wifi, mine would play almost immediately while his would hang/FC.

Both phones are N5, on same network, on same wifi, on same rom using same kernel.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank