Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No Service 3 UK

OP brichardson1991

18th August 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bagshot, Surrey, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 7

60 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm pretty sure this is a network issue, however I have a couple of friends on 3 too that haven't experienced this problem.

The only thing that makes me ask the question here is that this is occurring in 3 different areas.

Since Saturday night at my home location (Bagshot, GU19) I lost all network connectivity. Thinking nothing of it as it will probably be resolved by morning, plus the fact that 3's customer support line was shut I went to bed expecting it to be up.

Sunday morning I woke up and still nothing. I went round to my partners which is in Bracknell (RG12) i had network but only 1/2 H+ not the usual 3/4 bars of 4G. Fluctuating like mad! So I rang them up after checking with my partner's sister as she is on 3 (she had no issues) i spoke to them about this issue and they said they were aware of an issue and it had been fixed 2 hours ago.

Again I left it and waited as they said they had fixed the issue. Service picked up to 3/4 bars of 4G like normal. Went home later that evening and my phone was fluctuating between no service and full 4 bars of 3G (H+) signal (there's no 4G in my area yet). Again I thought as they said it was fixed it may still be throwing a bit of a fit and will be fine in the morning.

Woke up this morning to no service whatsoever. A bit pissed off I drove to work (Farnborough, GU14) and i still have no service. Now I don't know if there is an issue with my phone or not but again a colleague has a 3 sim and his is fine. This is what leads me to think there may be an issue with my Nexus 5.

Any ideas of what I should do ?

Edit 18/08/14 @ 13:30 - Went outside of my work for lunch across the road to the shops, funnily enough got signal while outdoors and then lost again when indoors. Looking more like a network issue ?
Last edited by brichardson1991; 18th August 2014 at 02:34 PM.
18th August 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 39

240 posts
I live in Manchester, and I'm working in Macclesfield right now, experiencing the same issue, same carrier as well. I think it might be a network issue, but I've started using the Nexus 5 two days ago, so I'm not sure.
20th August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bagshot, Surrey, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 7

60 posts
Donate to Me
More
So after one of my colleagues let me put my sim in his phone and vice versa we discovered that for no reason my phone now won't pick up the 3 network and my sim is indeed functioning properly.

Looks like my 1st RMA on Nexus 5.

Oh and to top the bad news off I lost my wallet....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread