Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [Search request] Hellscore for N5

OP KiD3991

26th January 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
KiD3991's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 384
 
971 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Well, I kinda liked hellscore in N4 but I can't find it in N5, and I can't read German.
But from the German thread I roughly saw there is a N5 build b1, but I can't download it.

If anyone have a copy, can you PM me or send me a link? Much appreciated, thanks!
19th August 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #2  
4nth0ny's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiD3991

Well, I kinda liked hellscore in N4 but I can't find it in N5, and I can't read German.
But from the German thread I roughly saw there is a N5 build b1, but I can't download it.

If anyone have a copy, can you PM me or send me a link? Much appreciated, thanks!

I am pretty sure there is no Hellscore kernel for the N5
19th August 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
That's what I found on pocketpc.ch. i'm not sure about it but have a look at the ZIP before flashing. On android-hilfe.de is a warning that you have To extract Boot.IMG and flash via flashify/fastboot.

http://d-h.st/users/hellsgod/?fld_id=31631#files
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
19th August 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #4  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,838
 
25,028 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm19981217

That's what I found on pocketpc.ch. i'm not sure about it but have a look at the ZIP before flashing. On android-hilfe.de is a warning that you have To extract Boot.IMG and flash via flashify/fastboot.

http://d-h.st/users/hellsgod/?fld_id=31631#files
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Don't post kernels you aren't sure about. Flashing kernels for other devices can brick it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th August 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I'm sure it's for hammerhead. It was posted in the nexus 5 forum of these sites and the headline says hells core kernel für (for) nexus 5. I'm not sure about how To flash.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
19th August 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #6  
Darth's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,874
 
13,406 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm19981217

I'm sure it's for hammerhead. It was posted in the nexus 5 forum of these sites and the headline says hells core kernel für (for) nexus 5. I'm not sure about how To flash.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Then maybe you should ask there ?

Asking for help on software not found in XDA seems very inefficient. 😉

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

And be careful.

I'd be suspicious of anything not found in XDA. 👍
19th August 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Then maybe you should ask there ?

Asking for help on software not found in XDA seems very inefficient. 😉

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

And be careful.

I'd be suspicious of anything not found in XDA. 👍

I didn't ASK for help here. I just told him he should have a look at the ZIP before flashing. I don't know if it's dangerous. Many guys there confirmed it is working.
I'm gonna try as soon AS I have time myself.

Btw: is it dangerous To flash a kernel on a secondary Rom? Will my device break if I flash a Nexus 4 kernel on a secondary Rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
19th August 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #8  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,495
 
4,107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm19981217

I didn't ASK for help here. I just told him he should have a look at the ZIP before flashing. I don't know if it's dangerous. Many guys there confirmed it is working.
I'm gonna try as soon AS I have time myself.

Btw: is it dangerous To flash a kernel on a secondary Rom? Will my device break if I flash a Nexus 4 kernel on a secondary Rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Flashing a kernel doesn't flash it to ROM. It flashes it to it's own partition. Flashing a Nexus 4 kernel on the Nexus 5 is known to overwrite the bootloader.
19th August 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #9  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,838
 
25,028 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

to overwrite the bootloader.

...which is a brick
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

...which is a brick

I mean in multirom. You can flash a kernel To secondary Roms. They should install To the multirom folder I think. So it should only make the secondary unbootabke?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes