FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] N5 on CM11 4.4.2 with Franco kernel?

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By mellevdlinde, Senior Member on 22nd December 2013, 01:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am satisfied with my Nexus 5 since it's on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.2 nightly 20131220.

To get best battery life, should I get Franco Kernel r24 (does that work right with CM11?) or should I keep the stock Cyanogen kernel?

And if I should install Franco kernel, what are some noticable changes using my device?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 running CM11 using XDA Premium
 
 
22nd December 2013, 01:54 PM |#2  
DiamondBond's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,529
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellevdlinde

I am satisfied with my Nexus 5 since it's on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.2 nightly 20131220.

To get best battery life, should I get Franco Kernel r24 (does that work right with CM11?) or should I keep the stock Cyanogen kernel?

And if I should install Franco kernel, what are some noticable changes using my device?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 running CM11 using XDA Premium

Franco Kernel r24 supports CM11 and if u want better battery Franco Kernel FTW!
22nd December 2013, 02:00 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Dox

Franco Kernel r24 supports CM11 and if u want better battery Franco Kernel FTW!

Okay, thanks.
But does franco save more battery than cyanogen kernel? And does franco also support android 4.4.2?


Sent from my Nexus 5 running CM11 using XDA Premium
22nd December 2013, 02:04 PM |#4  
DiamondBond's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,529
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellevdlinde

Okay, thanks.
But does franco save more battery than cyanogen kernel? And does franco also support android 4.4.2?


Sent from my Nexus 5 running CM11 using XDA Premium

Franco kernel saves battery alot, i get an additonal 2 hours of screen on time compared to stock kernel and it supports 4.4.2,
22nd December 2013, 03:10 PM |#5  
Enddo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 819
 
Donate to Me
More
franco kernel is the kernel to use for the N5 and battery life right now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2013, 05:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enddo

franco kernel is the kernel to use for the N5 and battery life right now

But is the franco kernel improving my battery life more than my cyanogen kernel does?

Sent from my Nexus 5 running CM11 using XDA Premium
23rd December 2013, 12:54 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellevdlinde

But is the franco kernel improving my battery life more than my cyanogen kernel does?

Sent from my Nexus 5 running CM11 using XDA Premium

probably yes, as franco focuses a lot on battery saving. My experience with franco kernel is just awesome!
23rd December 2013, 01:21 AM |#8  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
I don't know about CM's kernel, but with franco.kernel you can undervolt to save even more battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to BirchBarlow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2013, 02:33 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
For battery, I think Franco kernel is your best bet. Im currently running it with cataclysm custom rom. However, If you want to tinker a bit i would suggest Element X kernel for you to be able to undervolt AND underclock
23rd December 2013, 03:12 PM |#10  
illnez's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Hanover
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
im using cataclysm (14.dez) and bricked kernel. 6-7h screen on with undervolt (-62,5). i would recomment bricked!
23rd December 2013, 03:37 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Best Combination
There is a version of Franco Kernel in the Dev section (Not the original Dev) in which it's the same as Franco with many improvements such as compression using Linaro and a bunch of other stuff it's made by LaboDJ
The best is : Stock rom(if youre still on that) +LaboDj(Francio)
then the secon best rom is cyanoogenmod just make sure that you update everyda if you can

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes