5,606,347 Members 33,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N5 and Kia Soul Bluetooth

Tip us?
 
mikehe
Old
#1  
mikehe's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 352
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, Texas (Hill Country Baby)
Default N5 and Kia Soul Bluetooth

i had a N4 with custom ROM on it and sometimes Bluetooth would sync to my KIA soul radio and i could use hangouts and most of the time it would not, says transfer complete and connect just no audio, i get the same issue with my new N5 on stock ROM no root no unlock is there something i should be looking for.
Nexus 5 - T Mobile
ROM: CM Nightly
Asus Transformer TF300T
ROM: CROMBi-KK
 
marleyfan61
Old
#2  
marleyfan61's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 706
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehe View Post
i had a N4 with custom ROM on it and sometimes Bluetooth would sync to my KIA soul radio and i could use hangouts and most of the time it would not, says transfer complete and connect just no audio, i get the same issue with my new N5 on stock ROM no root no unlock is there something i should be looking for.
I also have a Kia. I would love to help but I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 (Rooted)
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: franco r32
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i
 
mikehe
Old
#3  
mikehe's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 352
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, Texas (Hill Country Baby)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
I also have a Kia. I would love to help but I have no idea what you're trying to say.
when trying to use google hangouts it wont play audio through the kia's speakers so that i can use the bluetooth feature and be hands free. it will pair with the system and i can make phone calls using hands free but hangouts wont sync up so i can have video and audio
Nexus 5 - T Mobile
ROM: CM Nightly
Asus Transformer TF300T
ROM: CROMBi-KK
 
marleyfan61
Old
#4  
marleyfan61's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 706
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehe View Post
when trying to use google hangouts it wont play audio through the kia's speakers so that i can use the bluetooth feature and be hands free. it will pair with the system and i can make phone calls using hands free but hangouts wont sync up so i can have video and audio
Do you mean so you can have the Kia read your texts to you? Cuz I don't know anyone with a Kia who has managed to get that to work. As for the video, not sure what you're talking about. My bluetooth works for phone calls, syncing contacts, playing music, and turn by turn directions. That's it. BTW I have the UVO non nav system.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 (Rooted)
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: franco r32
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i
 
mikehe
Old
#5  
mikehe's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 352
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, Texas (Hill Country Baby)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
Do you mean so you can have the Kia read your texts to you? Cuz I don't know anyone with a Kia who has managed to get that to work. As for the video, not sure what you're talking about. My bluetooth works for phone calls, syncing contacts, playing music, and turn by turn directions. That's it. BTW I have the UVO non nav system.

What year us your KIA...for video I use Google hangouts
Allows nexus camera for video and Bluetooth to talk using KIA microphone and speakers to hear other hangout users
Nexus 5 - T Mobile
ROM: CM Nightly
Asus Transformer TF300T
ROM: CROMBi-KK
 
marleyfan61
Old
#6  
marleyfan61's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 706
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehe View Post
What year us your KIA...for video I use Google hangouts
Allows nexus camera for video and Bluetooth to talk using KIA microphone and speakers to hear other hangout users
My Kia is a 2013. I don't use Hangouts so I have no advice for you. sorry.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 (Rooted)
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: franco r32
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...