5,605,373 Members 41,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nandroid back after switching carriers..

Tip us?

drdagreenphd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [Q] Nandroid back after switching carriers..

I have service through Sprint. I am switching to T-Mobile later today. If I restore from a backup that I made from Sprint, will that affect T-Mobile's service or settings in anyway? I'm guessing it wouldn't since everything is automated once you restart with a new sim, but I just want to make sure.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7512
Depends. If you're on aosp roms, aren't there specific things you need to do to get it working with sprint?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 120
You may need to reapply APN settings, but other than that, it should just work after a reboot

drdagreenphd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
I am stock, rooted.

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14 View Post
You may need to reapply APN settings, but other than that, it should just work after a reboot

Yup, I was going to say the same thing. The APN settings will have to be changed to that of T-Mobile, which you could easily look up. Other than that, I believe you'll be fine. Besides, isn't the Nexus 5 considered a "universal" device as in all the development works no matter the carrier you're on?

drdagreenphd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain-N-Panic View Post
Yup, I was going to say the same thing. The APN settings will have to be changed to that of T-Mobile, which you could easily look up. Other than that, I believe you'll be fine. Besides, isn't the Nexus 5 considered a "universal" device as in all the development works no matter the carrier you're on?
It is, but I know carrier settings are different.