XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Native video call?

Tip us?

got74
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Native video call?

Hi samone know if there is a patch or a mod to enable the native video call (UMTS not internet ) in nexus 5?
I need to make video call to not android phone so the internet call dosen't work for me.
First I' had a galaxy s3 and the video call was enable.
Sorry for my bad english.
Tancks

Xharos
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Bump, this is interesting

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk

alz3abi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Same here.
Hope there is a patch for it

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium HD app

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 450
No patch for it as it's not included with AOSP. Basic video calling never took off (well in the USA anyways) so it hasn't been an indemand feature. AT&T had it with certain phones but it was only 1 way in the early 3G days. I know Europe has/had phones that can do it just fine (Hell my Nokia N95 had it) but it's just not gonna happen on stock Android. People like Samsung added the feature in after the fact but you wont see that on a Nexus.

got74
Old
(Last edited by got74; 16th December 2013 at 05:53 PM.) Reason: errata corrige
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotta35 View Post
No patch for it as it's not included with AOSP. Basic video calling never took off (well in the USA anyways) so it hasn't been an indemand feature. AT&T had it with certain phones but it was only 1 way in the early 3G days. I know Europe has/had phones that can do it just fine (Hell my Nokia N95 had it) but it's just not gonna happen on stock Android. People like Samsung added the feature in after the fact but you wont see that on a Nexus.
If Samsung can why it is not possible for the AOSP?
I would like to make video call to other mobile not smat-phone (no hangout or skype or similar) and this is impossible if i didn't buy samsung?
are not a programmer but for logic

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7520
It will be possible. Just no one has

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by got74 View Post
If Samsung can why it is not possible for the AOSP?
I would like to make video call to other mobile not smat-phone (no hangout or skype or similar) and this is impossible if i didn't buy samsung?
Samsung can add it because they feel it's needed but since smartphones are no the dominant device types it's safe to say that feature is no longer being utilized as much as back in the olden days (this is 2003 ). Back then the only way to do these things was via the built in UMTS protocol but now that's outdated (can't update it because it then breaks the protocol) so now better methods are available that's the way it's expected for you to do it.

Not saying that having it included wouldn't be nice, i've never ever in my life needed/wanted it but for the people that do i'm sure it would be great. However as i said, i doubt that's something they will be trying to add when better options are available.