[Q] Navigation bar

OP tuNgaz

4th January 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe

I'm assuming you are talking about swapping positions of the two buttons. I'm sure there are other ways of doing this but that is one of the Many options that you have in GravityBox. You'll have to be rooted, have Xposed Framework installed and if I remember right an updated version of busybox installed.

Thanks for all of the replies! I'm new to android and I've only so far rooted the phone, installed a custom recovery and unlocked the bootloader!
I understand the proceedings to install the Xposed Framework and Gravity box but I'm not sure about busybox.
I've just followed the through with the installation without 'busybox' and everything seems to work fine. Thanks very much guys
Last edited by tuNgaz; 4th January 2014 at 11:52 AM.
4th January 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #12  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 165

431 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1

The latest I've read indicate Dalvik Bionic boosts Quadrant and Antutu scores but does virtually nothing else of worth. I saw such a change on ART that I'm done with Dalvik, both on my N4 and N5.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I suspect that you are right again at least about the benchmarking. And it could absolutely be my imagination but some apps (not many) do seem faster in operation with the dalvik bionic patch and the one that comes to mind is Feedly. I could be wrong. Anyway.. having the choice to use either one is pretty nice.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuNgaz

Thanks for all of the replies! I'm new to android and I've only so far rooted the phone, installed a custom recovery and unlocked the bootloader!
I understand the proceedings to install the Xposed Framework and Gravity box but I'm not sure about busybox.
I've just followed the through with the installation without 'busybox' and everything seems to work fine. Thanks very much guys

Been using Xposed for a while now so I could just be remembering wrong! Maybe it depended on what modulus you were using. Busybox Free (Stericson) is in my opinion the best app for installing busybox if you ever need it, I use the pro version myself. Might want to make a backup if you start modifying system files, flashing kernels or roms.
4th January 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 503

1,515 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe

I suspect that you are right again at least about the benchmarking. And it could absolutely be my imagination but some apps (not many) do seem faster in operation with the dalvik bionic patch and the one that comes to mind is Feedly. I could be wrong. Anyway.. having the choice to use either one is pretty nice.[COLOR="Silver"]

If you want to spend the time swapping/comparing, use a common lag 'test' and see for yourself.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47533904

I haven't tried the patched Dalvik myself since ART, but if it can do what ART does (not placebo), then it's another way to the same goal.
Apologies to OP, I certainly didn't mean to turn this into a Dalvik/ART thread...just that Xposed currently is Dalvik only, but that the dev wants it to be ART compliant in the future.

Oh and seconded on Stericson Busybox Free! Cheers!
Last edited by wideasleep1; 4th January 2014 at 09:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to wideasleep1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread