Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Navigation button customization on stock

Tip us?
 
nihn75
Old
(Last edited by nihn75; 5th February 2014 at 07:28 PM.) Reason: clarification
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Navigation button customization on stock

I'm trying to go back to stock. The ROM I'm using now allows 5 customized navigation buttons. This seems to be the only mod I can't do without. Does anyone know how to get 5 nav buttons and your nav bar on a stock or close to stock rom?

My nav bar actions:
second action is long press

pull down notification bar, torch
home, search
back, kill app
recent app list, last app
app drawer, settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-29-11-43-53[1].jpg
Views:	61
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	2555140  
 
RevelationOmega
Old
#2  
RevelationOmega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 504
Posts: 514
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tallahassee

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihn75 View Post
I'm trying to go back to stock. The ROM I'm using now allows 5 customized navigation buttons. This seems to be the only mod I can't do without. Does anyone know how to get 5 nav buttons and your nav bar on a stock or close to stock rom?
Only thing that may be able to do this would be an Xposed framework and module for Nav Bar customizing. Try Gravitybox or one of them.
From the depths, the light is all you see.... Life's Good in QHD.


LG G3 - Stock - No Root (yet...)
Samsung S5 - Stock Deodexed - Root
Google Nexus 5 - Liquid Smooth - Root

Don't Forget to Hit the THANKS if I Helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to RevelationOmega For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nihn75
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationOmega View Post
Only thing that may be able to do this would be an Xposed framework and module for Nav Bar customizing. Try Gravitybox or one of them.
I have looked there. From what i have found they do not have what i want.
 
RevelationOmega
Old
#4  
RevelationOmega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 504
Posts: 514
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tallahassee

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihn75 View Post
I have looked there. From what i have found they do not have what i want.
You could try Ultimate Dynamic NavBar (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bimc.udn&hl=en). May be what you are looking for.
From the depths, the light is all you see.... Life's Good in QHD.


LG G3 - Stock - No Root (yet...)
Samsung S5 - Stock Deodexed - Root
Google Nexus 5 - Liquid Smooth - Root

Don't Forget to Hit the THANKS if I Helped!
 
nihn75
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thanks but they don't have all the options im looking for

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
es0tericcha0s
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 499
Posts: 2,583
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihn75 View Post
Thanks but they don't have all the options im looking for

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You sure about that? They have like 20 different options and you can cram 9 different buttons on the nav bar. I doubt the custom rom you were playing with had more options than that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2270198
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!


HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
 
nihn75
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
UDN does not have a notification bar pull down action. I believe it did not have another action I have listed above but I can't remember and unfortunately I have refunded my purchase. I also don't like that it's an app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
jsgraphicart
Old
#8  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1386
Posts: 4,790
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihn75 View Post
UDN does not have a notification bar pull down action. I believe it did not have another action I have listed above but I can't remember and unfortunately I have refunded my purchase. I also don't like that it's an app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think you are being too picky. If you are wanting to be on stock ROM, the only way you are going to get those customizations are with Xposed or an app. If neither does the job, you should just stay on the ROM you are using.
 
nihn75
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
I'm not to picky, I live without a lot of options. My rom has tons of options and all I want is its navbar settings in xposed. I think the only customization this phone really needs is a personal smaller navbar.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more

Revert to Stock Recovery Effortless with Simple Recovery Switcher

Android updates released as OTA packages are very easy to apply,but they … more

Convert PNGs into RLEs Easily on Any OS with PNG2RLE

Unlike other operating systems, Android uses its own graphical image formats. Most of … more