[Q] About this newly introduced wifi problem

OP weacd

21st August 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello guys,

my brand new nexus 5 just came back from replacement and worked flawlessly for a week or two,

The thing it that after the update, i had this strange "Stuck at turning wifi on bug".

I tried everything i saw on all the forums i managed to find and google usually tell users to replace their devices.

The thing is i just flashed the radio-hammerhead-M8974A-1.0.25.0.17 Radio, and at reboot i was able to turn wifi on.

The main problem now is, that the device freeze 15 second after succefully showing me nearby wifi networks, and then proceed to reboot.

I think many users are in the same situation, has someone managed, somehow, to patch the error ? I can't even tell if this is a software or hardware related glitch, but more and more users are experiencing troubles and i think google should talk more about it.
21st August 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,555

10,298 posts
The majority of users don't have this problem. I don't. What else have you done to the device? What have you flashed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,935

26,338 posts
no such issues here.
21st August 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,361

23,407 posts
More
I've seen this issue on various phones and it's always been either:

1) Dodgy /data (user data, apps etc)
2) Hardware problem.

I have not had this issue on the N5
21st August 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

The majority of users don't have this problem. I don't. What else have you done to the device? What have you flashed?

Of course i did not mean that all users where on the same case,

what i said, is that i already found many thread of people experiencing the same "undefined behaviour", which mean this is not a random bug, and that it can definitly happen to anybody's device.

My phone was using the last stock rom, the bootloader was locked and it never was altered in any ways when the problem started to appear.

Then, i did a hardreset, i unlocked the bootloader, i flashed custom roms (PA, MIUI, CYANNOGEN), then i flashed an older rom's radio image and the wifi started to activate again, but to reboot 15 sec after.

then i went back to a PA rom, and exactly the same bug occur.
21st August 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #6  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,361

23,407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weacd

Of course i did not mean that all users where on the same case,

what i said, is that i already found many thread of people experiencing the same "undefined behaviour", which mean this is not a random bug, and that it can definitly happen to anybody's device.

My phone was using the last stock rom, the bootloader was locked and it never was altered in any ways when the problem started to appear.

Then, i did a hardreset, i unlocked the bootloader, i flashed custom roms (PA, MIUI, CYANNOGEN), then i flashed an older rom's radio image and the wifi started to activate again, but to reboot 15 sec after.

then i went back to a PA rom, and exactly the same bug occur.

Flash a full factory image back to latest stock. If it still happens, send it for repair
21st August 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Flash a full factory image back to latest stock. If it still happens, send it for repair

Already done, guess i have no choice.

Then i would like to tell all the peoples who are experiencing the same experience to replace their phone using google's warranty service.

Some peoples managed to fix the bug for a time with a lucky trick, but it always end to come back.
21st August 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,555

10,298 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weacd

Already done, guess i have no choice.

Then i would like to tell all the peoples who are experiencing the same experience to replace their phone using google's warranty service.

Some peoples managed to fix the bug for a time with a lucky trick, but it always end to come back.

If it comes back while on stock rom then it's a problem with the device and you should rma it. That's what warranty is for

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread