FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Screen wont turn on

212 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By Caebron, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 07:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Out of the blue - or so it seems - my screen will no longer turn on.

I was listening to music and pushed the power button to change the station and the screen would not turn on.

When I push and hold the power button the phone will vibrate briefly, indicating that the shortcut menu to reboot/ mute the phone has come up, just that the screen remains black.

When I try calling myself the screen will not turn on nor will the phone ring.

When I plug the USB cable into the phone, the screen remains black instead of turning on like it normally would.

The screen will turn on randomly on the rare occasion, but the screen wont respond to touch.

Help!
 
 
22nd February 2014, 08:02 PM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like a good candidate for rma

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 08:03 PM |#3  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,994
 
More
long press the power button for 30-45 seconds..
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 08:10 PM |#4  
Caebron's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Sounds like a good candidate for rma

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Not sure that will fly Google. I dont believe there is a warranty beyond the 30 days you have for return. Worth a try though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

long press the power button for 30-45 seconds..

Thanks. That rebooted the phone and fixed the problem for now. Now it works most of the time, but now and then the screen will still fail to turn on when pressing the power button.
22nd February 2014, 08:11 PM |#5  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caebron

Not sure that will fly Google. I dont believe there is a warranty beyond the 30 days you have for return. Worth a try though!



Thanks. That rebooted the phone and fixed the problem for now. Now it works most of the time, but now and then the screen will still fail to turn on when pressing the power button.

There's a one year warranty, where are you located?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
22nd February 2014, 08:17 PM |#6  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,994
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caebron

Not sure that will fly Google. I dont believe there is a warranty beyond the 30 days you have for return. Worth a try though!



Thanks. That rebooted the phone and fixed the problem for now. Now it works most of the time, but now and then the screen will still fail to turn on when pressing the power button.

there are apps thatll cause this to happen, mods as well. its like a sod, sleep of death.
22nd February 2014, 08:20 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 372
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

there are apps thatll cause this to happen, mods as well. its like a sod, sleep of death.

And when will google fix this issue?
22nd February 2014, 08:26 PM |#8  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,994
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

And when will google fix this issue?

i wouldnt say its googles issue. id say its an issue of app coding.
22nd February 2014, 08:26 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caebron

Not sure that will fly Google. I dont believe there is a warranty beyond the 30 days you have for return. Worth a try though!



Thanks. That rebooted the phone and fixed the problem for now. Now it works most of the time, but now and then the screen will still fail to turn on when pressing the power button.

boot into safe mode and see if the issue persist.( long press power button then long press power off)
22nd February 2014, 08:28 PM |#10  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,994
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caebron

Out of the blue - or so it seems - my screen will no longer turn on.

I was listening to music and pushed the power button to change the station and the screen would not turn on.

When I push and hold the power button the phone will vibrate briefly, indicating that the shortcut menu to reboot/ mute the phone has come up, just that the screen remains black.

When I try calling myself the screen will not turn on nor will the phone ring.

When I plug the USB cable into the phone, the screen remains black instead of turning on like it normally would.

The screen will turn on randomly on the rare occasion, but the screen wont respond to touch.

Help!

what app were you using to listen to music with? and why would you press the power button to change the station?
22nd February 2014, 08:33 PM |#11  
GUGUITOMTG4's Avatar
Senior Member
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 256
 
Donate to Me
More
OP give more details about your phone. is it unlocked/rooted or custom Rom? Google replaces unlocked/ re-locked phones anyways, I think it wouldn't hurt to reflash stock image.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes