Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Nexus 5.0 Previewn : Bug List and Quesitons

OP APP-Maker

30th June 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Suttgart
Thanks Meter: 169

102 posts
More
Hi , I want to make an theart about the Bugs and Question for the Nexus 5 Android 5.0 Preview .
First I have an Question :
-Why canīt I play Asphalt 8 , Gangstar 4 usw. ?
30th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Meter: 245

1,582 posts
More
Dude, I think you posted this in the totally wrong section. Doesn't this belong in general, or perhaps q&a?
30th June 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Warren,MI
Thanks Meter: 146

651 posts
More
uh oh!

*puts flame retardant suit on*
30th June 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Moon
Thanks Meter: 7

94 posts
More
hey APP-maker, there is already a thread about this. you can find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-list-t2796849
30th June 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #5  
Flag norwich
Thanks Meter: 1,755

882 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by APP-Maker

Hi , I want to make an theart about the Bugs and Question for the Nexus 5 Android 5.0 Preview .
First I have an Question :
-Why canīt I play Asphalt 8 , Gangstar 4 usw. ?

Are u kidding Me? Go back and re-read ur post, let alone the fact u posted in the completely wrong section, ur post is ludacris, 1) The released image from Google named "L" is a "DEVELOPER PREVIEW" meaning not for daily use, it even states in the warning message printed on the site that not everything works! 2)Google released this so DEVELOPERS can have a look at the new architecture and structure of the new OS, this release has over 5k new APIs devs need to get used to, a completely new runtime that replaced dalvik, meaning ALL those apps that are not ART compatible WILL NOT work on the new OS and need to be rewritten. This PREVIEW release wasn't so that every Nexus 5/7 owner could get an update before everyone else, it was aimed at getting DEVS a first look and feel at the new APIs and runtime so they could be ready with apps and scripts supporting the new OS when it's released IN Fall. 3) To answer ur questions on why some apps don't work, because they probably are not art compatible, what u need to do is go back to 4.4.4, an actual release, and wait for "L" to be officially released, and here's my official answer and suggestions, DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT PREVIEW IMAGES, L IS NOT A FINISHED RELEASE, WILL HAVE BUGS, AND DOES NOT SUPPORT ALL CURRENT APPS AND APIs, IF U WANT A COMPLETE AND STABLE OS, GO BACK TO KITKAT.
30th June 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #6  
Senior Moderator
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,637

3,560 posts
More
In the future, only post actual development in the Development sections.

Also, your discussion should just continue in the existing thread referenced here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimmychenga

hey APP-maker, there is already a thread about this. you can find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-list-t2796849

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crachel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread