Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Too much battery drain from xposed..

OP nabil alami

18th June 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76

556 posts
So I got the closed framework and downloaded gravity box, knock code, and app ops. While the phone was fully charged and on standby it turned from 100 to 75% in a couple hours on standby. And while using thenphone there was too much battery drain. Does anyone know from which this happens (I think GB) but please share.

PS. Before applying I would get 20h+ of battery on low to medium usage.
18th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,845

25,047 posts
More
Doesn't knock code need the digitiser to be powered up even when the screen is off?

Try disabling each module one by one until they are all disabled to see what happens.

Please do not post questions in general. Post them in Q&A. You put a [Q] in your thread title so you should know where this thread belongs
18th June 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

556 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Doesn't knock code need the digitiser to be powered up even when the screen is off?

Try disabling each module one by one until they are all disabled to see what happens.

Please do not post questions in general. Post them in Q&A. You put a [Q] in your thread title so you should know where this thread belongs

Ya now I disabled them all and please move the thread it should be in Q&A

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
18th June 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 35

231 posts
The Knock Code drains your battery. It requires the digitizer to be constantly on, thus the drain.
18th June 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

556 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubichinon

The Knock Code drains your battery. It requires the digitizer to be constantly on, thus the drain.

But why? It only works when u turn on the screen.. also I turned them all of and still had some drain so I'm thinking bit was the wallpaper..

18th June 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,498

4,116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubichinon

Quote:

The knock code module just replaces the pattern lock. It doesn't keep the digitizer on like the LG G3. Doesn't work when the screen is off.

Sent from my Nexus 5
18th June 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #7  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 46

336 posts
More
Battery drain rates are very dependent on usage patterns and sometimes the most insignificant settings changes can lead to well hidden sources of current consumption.
So my advise is to try to remember if you made any changes in your applications or usage patterns right before or after starting to use Xposed, as your answer my lie there.
Also try to identify if the high drain occurs from Xposed itself or one of the modules, by deactivating and/or uninstalling modules and Xposed. Please be very careful that usage patterns might easily tip your conclusions off.
To somehow prove what I'm saying here, I've noticed that on a high usage day, my N5 can last as low as only 8-10 hours on a charge, while on a low usage day, after 12 hours since unplugging, it still has at least 80% of the original charge.
Have a nice day!
18th June 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

556 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

The knock code module just replaces the pattern lock. It doesn't keep the digitizer on like the LG G3. Doesn't work when the screen is off.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Exactly

18th June 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #9  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,845

25,047 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

Sent from my Nexus 5

isnt the point of it to be used with knock on features?
18th June 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #10  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,498

4,116 posts
More
Quote:

isnt the point of it to be used with knock on features?

I guess it is on the LG G3, but on that device it can also be used when the screen is on, as a lock screen method, which is what the module emulates.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread