Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,233

13,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcadle

Btw... thanks for your help.

I went through those steps, but on my system, the MTP driver wasn't listed as an option.

Hmmm, I've only ever used the Google drivers from the SDK until this stupid ACER one appeared. Managed to get back to it now so it's all good. Perhaps download the Google driver and then point to it?

https://dl-ssl.google.com//android/r...er_windows.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
More
Yeah , I forgot , sorry about that . I managed to make it work by downloading this drivers " https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...er_windows.zip " . After i have extracted the driver i plugged my N5 to the PC, than I went to the Device Manager i right clicked the Acer ADB Interface and I have selected Update Drivers . After that I selected the folder where i have extracted the drivers , than i chose " Let me pick from a list ... " , I selected MTP USB Device and Voila , it works !

PS: You can also try to install the LG Driver " http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/dow...=UW00120120425 "
Last edited by SilentGTX; 19th August 2014 at 04:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilentGTX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #13  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

The other option is to manually change the driver in Device Manager from the ACER one to the Google one. I think it's happened as M$ have the ACER driver digitally signed whereas the Google one isn't so it'll always choose the signed driver...

Thanks For your help. It worked.
8th September 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #14  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentGTX

Yeah , I forgot , sorry about that . I managed to make it work by downloading this drivers " https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...er_windows.zip " . After i have extracted the driver i plugged my N5 to the PC, than I went to the Device Manager i right clicked the Acer ADB Interface and I have selected Update Drivers . After that I selected the folder where i have extracted the drivers , than i chose " Let me pick from a list ... " , I selected MTP USB Device and Voila , it works !

PS: You can also try to install the LG Driver " http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/dow...=UW00120120425 "

LG driver helped me to resolve issue while installing LG driver got pop up message for the missing MTP package for windows 8.1, i followed link to download missing package and install after reboot it resolved issue in my Windows 8.1, Thanks for your help.
8th September 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #15  
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 81

661 posts
More
I can never seem to get adb or fastboot to work I gave up and dual booted my computer with Linux Linux hasn't given me problems with adb or fastboot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30th October 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
This worked for me
Hi guys, I had the same problem. My phone was configured as MTP but when i connected to Win 7 it would appears in the Device Manager list as "ADB", this wouldn't allow me to transfer files so what worked for me was:

1- Connect your Mobile to the PC and it appears as ADB Driver (In the device manager screen), rignt click on ADB and select Browse my computer for driver software.
2- Choose let me pick a from list of devices on my computer and choose the option MTP instead of ADB.
3- Did that and problem solve, hope this helps for you !!
16th November 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Smile Delete this Acer ADB driver when you uninstall it
I have the same issue. Here is what I did and that resolved the issue. Go to "Device Manager" to uninstall the Acer driver. The uninstall window pops up asking you if you want to uninstall it. There is a check box that says "Delete the driver." Make sure you check that off and then go ahead and uninstall it. Once that's done, plug your Nexus 5 back in. The correct MTP driver will now be installed and your computer will recognize the phone normally. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to empathyvirus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy Experiencing the same on Windows 7...have tried everything suggested
Really hoping someone can help because I've just about had it with this. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have a brand new Nexus 5 16GB. As others have indicated, when I plug my phone into my computer with debugging enabled, it creates an "Android Composite ADB Interface" device listed under "ACER Device" in Device Manager. See attachment.

I have tried every permutation of the 'uninstall driver, manually install Google USB driver' solution, to no avail. The best way I can describe what I'm seeing is that Windows is forcibly categorizing the device as an 'ACER Device' even though the driver files themselves are telling it otherwise.

If debugging is DISABLED, and EITHER MTP or PTP is ENABLED, everything is just fine - the default Windows drivers for those devices kick in, and no 'ACER Device' category is created.

If debugging is ENABLED, and MTP and PTP are DISABLED, when I tell Windows to use the Google USB driver, it says that the device could not be installed.

If debugging is ENABLED, and MTP is ENABLED, the 'ACER Device' issue rears its ugly head even when I tell Windows to use the Google USB driver.

I've already disabled Windows automatically fetching a driver online, so that's not to blame.

If this is the result of a Windows Update, does anyone know the number of the update so I might try uninstalling it? I can't seem to find it despite searching.

Hoping someone out there can help. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	acer-device.png
Views:	28
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	3020665  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread