Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Nexus 5 (American Version) has white light under left up corner

Tip us?

rancur3p1c
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik View Post
im sorry, but for the price of the nexus, that fee can only be at max what? $10 or less so idc.
and the lcd panel warms, its a desing fault, this is a plus that Samsung gets, their termal design is really good
at the price of the nexus? It's $400, not $600 like it should be.
$10? LMAO. The phone doesn't get repaired. The entire BOM cost is sunk. That's like $250.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptir View Post
The issue is that almost every IPS LCD has some degree of backlight bleed. If it's bad enough that it's visible in a well-lit room, then I'd ask for them to replace it under warranty. If you need to look hard for it and it's only if you turn the brightness up in a dark room, then I'd say it's "normal."
yeah. I've never seen any that's visible in well lit room-- it's always "at night when the screen is completely black it looks only slightly less black in this corner when the screen is at full brightness"-- you shouldn't be at full brightness at night anyways
The Following User Says Thank You to rancur3p1c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

opssemnik
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancur3p1c View Post
at the price of the nexus? It's $400, not $600 like it should be.
$10? LMAO. The phone doesn't get repaired. The entire BOM cost is sunk. That's like $250.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

yeah. I've never seen any that's visible in well lit room-- it's always "at night when the screen is completely black it looks only slightly less black in this corner when the screen is at full brightness"-- you shouldn't be at full brightness at night anyways
you misunderstood me, the nexus is sold for 349 bucks (16gb), that price is so low, that the fee that they have for rma must be low too
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb (broken)
Nexus 5 / D821 / 16gb / ? / ? / ? (not yet)
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - Android L Developer Preview
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - LS KK 3.1 (4.4.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to opssemnik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vlatkonexus4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks to all of your answer guys,but here in macedonia Nexus 5 costs http://www.vip.mk/telefoni/gsm-advis...s-5#ad-image-0
more than 400 euros now,when i bought it it was 500 euros,so i will use my waranty and i don't want too much light bleed on it
It is ok to get new one because 500 euros are not small money here in my country,thank you for everything guys
i will write you here when i go and ask in the store