XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 Android 4.4.2 Lockscreen widgets

Tip us?

Nomad-117
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 5 Android 4.4.2 Lockscreen widgets

Hi all, I just got my nexus 5 and right after I updated my system to Android 4.4.2, I tried to add widgets to the lockscreen, but it just doesn't work. I know you have to enable widgets under security in the settings and I did that. I just can't swipe left on the lockscreen to get that plus sign. Also dashclock doesn't work. Help! Any idea is much appreciated.

jefftheworld
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad-117 View Post
Hi all, I just got my nexus 5 and right after I updated my system to Android 4.4.2, I tried to add widgets to the lockscreen, but it just doesn't work. I know you have to enable widgets under security in the settings and I did that. I just can't swipe left on the lockscreen to get that plus sign. Also dashclock doesn't work. Help! Any idea is much appreciated.
I find that I have to really swipe from the edge of the screen, some cases may prevent this or make it difficult.
Check out my three free albums on Google Music! Enjoy!

Nomad-117
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftheworld View Post
I find that I have to really swipe from the edge of the screen, some cases may prevent this or make it difficult.
Oh my god thank you so much! I didn't realize that... I had a case on so that explains... Yes i totally agree we are to really swipe from the edge. Thank you so much!

The-Droidster
Old
Thanks Meter 780
You have to expand the widget first. Just drag the clock widget downwards. When its expanded, try swiping your screen. It should work.

Nomad-117
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Droidster View Post
You have to expand the widget first. Just drag the clock widget downwards. When its expanded, try swiping your screen. It should work.
Thank you! I just figured that out...

Haik0
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Word/Text clock lockscreen widget ?

Is there such a widget for a lockscreen, which would display a clock / time written in words ?? Like the clock face one on Pebble smart watch, for example?!
Example, the time is 5:36 and on the widget it would be displayed as "five thirty six" !

Thanks

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik0 View Post
Is there such a widget for a lockscreen, which would display a clock / time written in words?
Of course. Just search for "text clock widget".

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK47 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]