Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Nexus 5 Android 4.4.2 Lockscreen widgets

OP Nomad-117

19th February 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #1  
Nomad-117's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Hi all, I just got my nexus 5 and right after I updated my system to Android 4.4.2, I tried to add widgets to the lockscreen, but it just doesn't work. I know you have to enable widgets under security in the settings and I did that. I just can't swipe left on the lockscreen to get that plus sign. Also dashclock doesn't work. Help! Any idea is much appreciated.
19th February 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #2  
jefftheworld's Avatar
Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 74
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad-117

Hi all, I just got my nexus 5 and right after I updated my system to Android 4.4.2, I tried to add widgets to the lockscreen, but it just doesn't work. I know you have to enable widgets under security in the settings and I did that. I just can't swipe left on the lockscreen to get that plus sign. Also dashclock doesn't work. Help! Any idea is much appreciated.

I find that I have to really swipe from the edge of the screen, some cases may prevent this or make it difficult.
19th February 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #3  
Nomad-117's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftheworld

I find that I have to really swipe from the edge of the screen, some cases may prevent this or make it difficult.

Oh my god thank you so much! I didn't realize that... I had a case on so that explains... Yes i totally agree we are to really swipe from the edge. Thank you so much!
19th February 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #4  
The-Droidster's Avatar
Senior Member
XDA 24 x 7
Thanks Meter: 806
 
1,100 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
You have to expand the widget first. Just drag the clock widget downwards. When its expanded, try swiping your screen. It should work.
19th February 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #5  
Nomad-117's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Droidster

You have to expand the widget first. Just drag the clock widget downwards. When its expanded, try swiping your screen. It should work.

Thank you! I just figured that out...
25th February 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Word/Text clock lockscreen widget ?
Is there such a widget for a lockscreen, which would display a clock / time written in words ?? Like the clock face one on Pebble smart watch, for example?!
Example, the time is 5:36 and on the widget it would be displayed as "five thirty six" !

Thanks
25th February 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #7  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 383
 
1,739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik0

Is there such a widget for a lockscreen, which would display a clock / time written in words?

Of course. Just search for "text clock widget".

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes