Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Nexus 5 Android 4.4.2 Lockscreen widgets

OP Nomad-117

19th February 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
Hi all, I just got my nexus 5 and right after I updated my system to Android 4.4.2, I tried to add widgets to the lockscreen, but it just doesn't work. I know you have to enable widgets under security in the settings and I did that. I just can't swipe left on the lockscreen to get that plus sign. Also dashclock doesn't work. Help! Any idea is much appreciated.
19th February 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 74

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad-117

Hi all, I just got my nexus 5 and right after I updated my system to Android 4.4.2, I tried to add widgets to the lockscreen, but it just doesn't work. I know you have to enable widgets under security in the settings and I did that. I just can't swipe left on the lockscreen to get that plus sign. Also dashclock doesn't work. Help! Any idea is much appreciated.

I find that I have to really swipe from the edge of the screen, some cases may prevent this or make it difficult.
19th February 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftheworld

I find that I have to really swipe from the edge of the screen, some cases may prevent this or make it difficult.

Oh my god thank you so much! I didn't realize that... I had a case on so that explains... Yes i totally agree we are to really swipe from the edge. Thank you so much!
19th February 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #4  
XDA 24 x 7
Thanks Meter: 804

1,098 posts
More
You have to expand the widget first. Just drag the clock widget downwards. When its expanded, try swiping your screen. It should work.
19th February 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Droidster

You have to expand the widget first. Just drag the clock widget downwards. When its expanded, try swiping your screen. It should work.

Thank you! I just figured that out...
25th February 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 31

195 posts
Word/Text clock lockscreen widget ?
Is there such a widget for a lockscreen, which would display a clock / time written in words ?? Like the clock face one on Pebble smart watch, for example?!
Example, the time is 5:36 and on the widget it would be displayed as "five thirty six" !

Thanks
25th February 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 383

1,736 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik0

Is there such a widget for a lockscreen, which would display a clock / time written in words?

Of course. Just search for "text clock widget".

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread