Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 ART Runtime Problem

Tip us?

NyquilOverdose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 5 ART Runtime Problem

Hey everyone,

I've been using my Nexus 5 since November and I have to say I love it. I have the phone rooted, running stock 4.4.2.

Here's my problem: when I try to switch to ART runtime in developer settings, I get the regular prompt and my phone reboots. But it doesn't switch to ART, it just does a regular reboot. I used to be able to switch between the two runtimes easily until recently. The only modifications I have are root access, custom recovery, and the Xposed framework with some modules. Do any of you guys know what's going on with my phone? I think something might be corrupted or incompatible in my software.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Current Devices: Google Nexus 5 and Nexus 10, both running KitKat 4.4.2

monkeypaws
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Before someone flames you I'll be polite. Xposed is not supported at this time that's why its not switching to art. To activate. Unsitall and remove any closed framework mods and xposed itself. Then it should let you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeypaws For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr hOaX
Old
Thanks Meter 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyquilOverdose View Post
Hey everyone,

I've been using my Nexus 5 since November and I have to say I love it. I have the phone rooted, running stock 4.4.2.

Here's my problem: when I try to switch to ART runtime in developer settings, I get the regular prompt and my phone reboots. But it doesn't switch to ART, it just does a regular reboot. I used to be able to switch between the two runtimes easily until recently. The only modifications I have are root access, custom recovery, and the Xposed framework with some modules. Do any of you guys know what's going on with my phone? I think something might be corrupted or incompatible in my software.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Xposed Module is incompatible with ART
It's causing this issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hit Button If I Have Helped You / If You Like This Post

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr hOaX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NyquilOverdose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys! I think I'll hold off on art because I use xposed a lot.