FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

Nexus 5 Audio/Sound (DAC) Quality

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 36
 
By costcutter, Member on 2nd November 2013, 06:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

Could someone give some feedback on the sound quality of the Nexus 5, any idea what sort of DAC the phone is using? Is it using something similar to the LG G2 as that has the same chipset.

Thanks
 
 
2nd November 2013, 08:06 AM |#2  
D4rkSoRRoW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
I think the Snapdragon 800 uses the same awesome audiochip feom qualcom as the other Snapdragon 600 devices. But we have to test this out..
I'll test it with my ciem as soon as it arrives

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd November 2013, 08:11 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by costcutter

Hi,

Could someone give some feedback on the sound quality of the Nexus 5, any idea what sort of DAC the phone is using? Is it using something similar to the LG G2 as that has the same chipset.

Thanks

Im not 100% sure but i dont think its the same chipset as the g2
2nd November 2013, 10:04 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I am no audio expert but I was listening to music last night on headphones and was very impressed with the quality of sound. It was just about loud enough which was my main worry. Bass was very good too. I was not using stock music player as I use a Synology media server and was therefore using DS audio. I just need to get a decent graphic equaliser installed as I can't find one on the phone. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by irhut; 2nd November 2013 at 10:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to irhut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2013, 10:40 AM |#5  
D4rkSoRRoW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irhut

I am no audio expert but I was listening to music last night on headphones and was very impressed with the quality of sound. It was just about loud enough which was my main worry. Bass was very good too. I was not using stock music player as I use a Synology media server and was therefore using DS audio. I just need to get a decent graphic equaliser installed as I can't find one on the phone. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You need to use DS audio? Else you could use the jetaudio player or neutron.
If you need a systemwide one, what about dsp manager from cyanogen? I think they'll soon got a ROM up for the N5.
2nd November 2013, 02:10 PM |#6  
jlmcr87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 683
 
Donate to Me
More
Please someone knows what is the nexus 5 DAC?
2nd November 2013, 02:29 PM |#7  
bl4ckdr4g00n's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
it's WCD9320. The same one as in G2
Just keep in mind that if the Soc is Snapdragon S4, regardless the generation, there is always a very good DAC inside .

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7205/LGG2-9955.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmcr87

Please someone knows what is the nexus 5 DAC?

The Following User Says Thank You to bl4ckdr4g00n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2013, 03:19 PM |#8  
jlmcr87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 683
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckdr4g00n

it's WCD9320. The same one as in G2
Just keep in mind that if the Soc is Snapdragon S4, regardless the generation, there is always a very good DAC inside .

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7205/LGG2-9955.jpg

Great news!!!
2nd November 2013, 05:45 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
I returned my G2 after comparing head-2-head with my GS3 w/Wolfson. Some like it though.
The Following User Says Thank You to BaronInkjet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2013, 06:49 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckdr4g00n

it's WCD9320. The same one as in G2
Just keep in mind that if the Soc is Snapdragon S4, regardless the generation, there is always a very good DAC inside .

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7205/LGG2-9955.jpg

If that was true shouldnt that be in the specs of the nexus 5. Theres no mention of the dac on the spec sheet so i wouldnt be so confident.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes