FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Nexus 5 not working, auto-rebooting

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By provetti, Junior Member on 17th June 2014, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, I have a non-rooted Nexus 5, recently updated to 4.4.3. That's almost a brick. It's very imprecise to describe how's it reacting. Sometimes when I try to turn it on, it doesn't answer, another moment, it actually turns on, but only show the google look (it vibrates a little bit) and then turn it off again. When I connect it to the wall charger it repeats forever the same process. Turns on > Google logo > Turns off > Turns on... And I don't need to press the power button.

I suspect that it might be caused by an original samsung charger that I've used with 4.0amp (I've never seen one like that, but it seems to be from one of the Galaxy Tab Versions.

Does someone know what's going on? If it is really bricked?
 
 
17th June 2014, 07:55 PM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,910
 
Donate to Me
More
I would flash the 4.4.3 factory image. I think your problem will go away. If it doesn't then you most likely have a hardware issue. I don't think the charger is the issue though. There's internal circuitry which will limit the amount of amps the device can draw.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
17th June 2014, 08:29 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 963
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by provetti

Hello, I have a non-rooted Nexus 5, recently updated to 4.4.3. That's almost a brick. It's very imprecise to describe how's it reacting. Sometimes when I try to turn it on, it doesn't answer, another moment, it actually turns on, but only show the google look (it vibrates a little bit) and then turn it off again. When I connect it to the wall charger it repeats forever the same process. Turns on > Google logo > Turns off > Turns on... And I don't need to press the power button.

I suspect that it might be caused by an original samsung charger that I've used with 4.0amp (I've never seen one like that, but it seems to be from one of the Galaxy Tab Versions.

Does someone know what's going on? If it is really bricked?

Your phone behives like that when the power buttom is stucked. I have no idea how to fix it. A few people managed to fix it but I dont know the process. Change the title to stucked power buttom to draw their attention.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
17th June 2014, 09:12 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I would flash the 4.4.3 factory image. I think your problem will go away. If it doesn't then you most likely have a hardware issue. I don't think the charger is the issue though. There's internal circuitry which will limit the amount of amps the device can draw.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't think I'm able to flash the stock 4.4.3. Again since it is rebooting everytime.
17th June 2014, 09:17 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

Your phone behives like that when the power buttom is stucked. I have no idea how to fix it. A few people managed to fix it but I dont know the process. Change the title to stucked power buttom to draw their attention.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

I'll try to open it, and see if it's it. Although I can feel the "click" when the button is pressed.
17th June 2014, 09:19 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 963
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by provetti

I'll try to open it, and see if it's it. Although I can feel the "click" when the button is pressed.

if you have warranty then do not open it. return it to Lg. What if it is more serious than a stucked power buttom?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
18th June 2014, 06:16 AM |#7  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,669
 
More
Hold your volumes both down and can it boot into bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 01:37 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

Hold your volumes both down and can it boot into bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No I can't. I've tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

if you have warranty then do not open it. return it to Lg. What if it is more serious than a stucked power buttom?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

The issue is that I'm on in the US, and the LG here in Brazil doesn't accept phone purchased in the outside the country.

----

The thing is: I've brought my phone to some places, and many people that took a look said that it was a software problem. I guess it is a bug from 4.4.3. Does anyone knows if another Nexus 5 Black 16GB are having the same issue? I have a friend with a White nexus 5 32GB version and, after the update, the phone is turning off and takes sometime to turn on again, it becomes unresponsive to any command for some minutes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes