Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 43,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 not working, auto-rebooting

Tip us?

provetti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Nexus 5 not working, auto-rebooting

Hello, I have a non-rooted Nexus 5, recently updated to 4.4.3. That's almost a brick. It's very imprecise to describe how's it reacting. Sometimes when I try to turn it on, it doesn't answer, another moment, it actually turns on, but only show the google look (it vibrates a little bit) and then turn it off again. When I connect it to the wall charger it repeats forever the same process. Turns on > Google logo > Turns off > Turns on... And I don't need to press the power button.

I suspect that it might be caused by an original samsung charger that I've used with 4.0amp (I've never seen one like that, but it seems to be from one of the Galaxy Tab Versions.

Does someone know what's going on? If it is really bricked?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3198
I would flash the 4.4.3 factory image. I think your problem will go away. If it doesn't then you most likely have a hardware issue. I don't think the charger is the issue though. There's internal circuitry which will limit the amount of amps the device can draw.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by provetti View Post
Hello, I have a non-rooted Nexus 5, recently updated to 4.4.3. That's almost a brick. It's very imprecise to describe how's it reacting. Sometimes when I try to turn it on, it doesn't answer, another moment, it actually turns on, but only show the google look (it vibrates a little bit) and then turn it off again. When I connect it to the wall charger it repeats forever the same process. Turns on > Google logo > Turns off > Turns on... And I don't need to press the power button.

I suspect that it might be caused by an original samsung charger that I've used with 4.0amp (I've never seen one like that, but it seems to be from one of the Galaxy Tab Versions.

Does someone know what's going on? If it is really bricked?
Your phone behives like that when the power buttom is stucked. I have no idea how to fix it. A few people managed to fix it but I dont know the process. Change the title to stucked power buttom to draw their attention.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

provetti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I would flash the 4.4.3 factory image. I think your problem will go away. If it doesn't then you most likely have a hardware issue. I don't think the charger is the issue though. There's internal circuitry which will limit the amount of amps the device can draw.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I don't think I'm able to flash the stock 4.4.3. Again since it is rebooting everytime.

provetti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
Your phone behives like that when the power buttom is stucked. I have no idea how to fix it. A few people managed to fix it but I dont know the process. Change the title to stucked power buttom to draw their attention.

I'll try to open it, and see if it's it. Although I can feel the "click" when the button is pressed.

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by provetti View Post
I'll try to open it, and see if it's it. Although I can feel the "click" when the button is pressed.
if you have warranty then do not open it. return it to Lg. What if it is more serious than a stucked power buttom?

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1602
Hold your volumes both down and can it boot into bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

provetti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36 View Post
Hold your volumes both down and can it boot into bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
No I can't. I've tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
if you have warranty then do not open it. return it to Lg. What if it is more serious than a stucked power buttom?

The issue is that I'm on in the US, and the LG here in Brazil doesn't accept phone purchased in the outside the country.

----

The thing is: I've brought my phone to some places, and many people that took a look said that it was a software problem. I guess it is a bug from 4.4.3. Does anyone knows if another Nexus 5 Black 16GB are having the same issue? I have a friend with a White nexus 5 32GB version and, after the update, the phone is turning off and takes sometime to turn on again, it becomes unresponsive to any command for some minutes.