Ask a question

No registration required

Nexus 5 battery

OP dhinged

1st September 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
I bought the Nexus 5 to test apps on, and have left it sitting to test the battery (no non-stock apps installed), and it's been going for 3 days and is at 70% battery. That's phenomenal to me. I haven't activated it on a carrier yet, so maybe that's the reason, but Cell Standby in Battery Usage is saying about 15%, which is about normal on other phones I've seen.

I'm used to Verizon devices which last a day for phones and about 4 days for a tablet, so maybe it's just Verizon.

Can someone clarify on how good this battery actually is? Is it just that it's not attached to a carrier yet?
1st September 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore-Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 26

60 posts
More
Standby battery life is pretty good. However if you use the phone a lot expect to see diminishing returns real fast. the most I've got is 5 hours over WiFi but I believe it's possible to get more mileage. Though that would IMO involve the crippling of the phone functionality

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #3  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 70

681 posts
More
Battery is the low point to this device imo

Sent from my Nexus 5
1st September 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Peterborough
Thanks Meter: 40

124 posts
More
I agree. Battery life when actively using the device is the only thing that let this phone down. I've also found that idling on the phone is rather good.

Sent from my Nexus 5
1st September 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #5  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,666

12,377 posts
More
Try the battery thread in my signature for help.

And try the battery thread in general to see what some others get for battery life. 3 or 4 hours screen time is about the average with "everything on"... And many get 5 to 6 hours screen time by doing some of the things in Posts 2 and 3 in the Battery thread in my signature.

The N5 battery may be average compared to similar devices with similar specs and battery sizes... But like all devices, it can be made to last much longer if that's a priority for you. 👌

Just takes some tweaking, sacrifice and effort.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread