Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 45,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Black Screen Issue - Really Strange

Tip us?

hegarty147
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 Black Screen Issue - Really Strange

Hey Guys

New to the site and I have a quick question. I was charging my nexus 5 overnight and when I took the charger off the phone this morning everything was fine until about ten minutes after, The phone screen went black and was unresponsive its been like that ever since. Its so weird I still get notifications that I have messages and email ie the led blinks and it makes a noise and the phone still rings but obv I cant pick up as there is no option to answer.

I might add that there was some spilled water beside my phone this morning that I think may have came out of a glass of water beside my bed. It was only a tiny bit of water so I am not sure if this is the cause.

Anyway I have put the phone in a bag of rice now just in case ....has anyone have any idea what the issue may be ?

Mazen Amr
Old
(Last edited by Mazen Amr; 2nd September 2014 at 09:29 PM.) Reason: found something
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hegarty147 View Post
Hey Guys

New to the site and I have a quick question. I was charging my nexus 5 overnight and when I took the charger off the phone this morning everything was fine until about ten minutes after, The phone screen went black and was unresponsive its been like that ever since. Its so weird I still get notifications that I have messages and email ie the led blinks and it makes a noise and the phone still rings but obv I cant pick up as there is no option to answer.

I might add that there was some spilled water beside my phone this morning that I think may have came out of a glass of water beside my bed. It was only a tiny bit of water so I am not sure if this is the cause.

Anyway I have put the phone in a bag of rice now just in case ....has anyone have any idea what the issue may be ?
I remember I read something like this before but not sure where and it was water damage

[UPDATE]: I found the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...dvice-t2841073

hegarty147
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr View Post
I remember I read something like this before but not sure where and it was water damage

[UPDATE]: I found the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...dvice-t2841073
thank you ....ya i think u may be right, Everyone always warns you about submerging ur phone bt its actually small puddle that can destroy it too

hegarty147
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hegarty147 View Post
thank you ....ya i think u may be right, Everyone always warns you about submerging ur phone bt its actually small puddle that can destroy it too
Update- Hey Guys the rice worked ...the phone is perfect again