Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Nexus 5 Black Screen Issue - Really Strange

OP hegarty147

2nd September 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Hey Guys

New to the site and I have a quick question. I was charging my nexus 5 overnight and when I took the charger off the phone this morning everything was fine until about ten minutes after, The phone screen went black and was unresponsive its been like that ever since. Its so weird I still get notifications that I have messages and email ie the led blinks and it makes a noise and the phone still rings but obv I cant pick up as there is no option to answer.

I might add that there was some spilled water beside my phone this morning that I think may have came out of a glass of water beside my bed. It was only a tiny bit of water so I am not sure if this is the cause.

Anyway I have put the phone in a bag of rice now just in case ....has anyone have any idea what the issue may be ?
2nd September 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 6
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hegarty147

Hey Guys

New to the site and I have a quick question. I was charging my nexus 5 overnight and when I took the charger off the phone this morning everything was fine until about ten minutes after, The phone screen went black and was unresponsive its been like that ever since. Its so weird I still get notifications that I have messages and email ie the led blinks and it makes a noise and the phone still rings but obv I cant pick up as there is no option to answer.

I might add that there was some spilled water beside my phone this morning that I think may have came out of a glass of water beside my bed. It was only a tiny bit of water so I am not sure if this is the cause.

Anyway I have put the phone in a bag of rice now just in case ....has anyone have any idea what the issue may be ?

I remember I read something like this before but not sure where and it was water damage

[UPDATE]: I found the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...dvice-t2841073
Last edited by Mazen Amr; 2nd September 2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: found something
2nd September 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen Amr

I remember I read something like this before but not sure where and it was water damage

[UPDATE]: I found the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...dvice-t2841073

thank you ....ya i think u may be right, Everyone always warns you about submerging ur phone bt its actually small puddle that can destroy it too
3rd September 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hegarty147

thank you ....ya i think u may be right, Everyone always warns you about submerging ur phone bt its actually small puddle that can destroy it too

Update- Hey Guys the rice worked ...the phone is perfect again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes