Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 black screen

Tip us?

Boymysterio29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Nexus 5 black screen

My N7 4.4.2 Not Rooted has been playing up lately. For the 2nd time in 3 days, I picked it up and it wouldnt respond. I could hear the screenshot being taken so the phone was on but the screen was black. It vibrates after using the power button and it finally boots up again. The phone has been perfect for about a month and this error only started recently.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

soccerfan6789
Old
Thanks Meter 594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boymysterio29 View Post
My N7 4.4.2 Not Rooted has been playing up lately. For the 2nd time in 3 days, I picked it up and it wouldnt respond. I could hear the screenshot being taken so the phone was on but the screen was black. It vibrates after using the power button and it finally boots up again. The phone has been perfect for about a month and this error only started recently.

Do a factory reset. Keep in mind that this will wipe your internal storage so be sure to back up and data, photos, etc. before hand. If that doesn't fix it then flash the factory image over. As to how, refer to this thread.

Your problem should be fixed after the Factory Reset though. Good Luck!

Boymysterio29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but oh well. Is there a cause for this?

whozilla
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boymysterio29 View Post

Were are talking about the N5 right?. I had this issue with my G2X a couple years ago. It turns out that after I took it apart the flex cable looked like at had been torn a tad bit. This sounds like a flex cable problem. Software could be the issue and a factory reset may help. However in my experience that's usually a flex cable or pop connection. Send it in if the reset does not work. Don't bother trying to do this yourself. It may be the front panel flex cable. Or the pop connection of the main board. When these cables are made, they are literally thrown into barrels and sent to The front panel assembly line. So chances are. One of these flex cables suffered some damage. Same goes with the tiny connection on the main board. These tiny pieces are put on one by one. I think robots do it. The device turned on for their tests. But the long run? ...Well you get the point.

Boymysterio29
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by whozilla View Post
Were are talking about the N5 right?. I had this issue with my G2X a couple years ago. It turns out that after I took it apart the flex cable looked like at had been torn a tad bit. This sounds like a flex cable problem. Software could be the issue and a factory reset may help. However in my experience that's usually a flex cable or pop connection. Send it in if the reset does not work. Don't bother trying to do this yourself. It may be the front panel flex cable. Or the pop connection of the main board. When these cables are made, they are literally thrown into barrels and sent to The front panel assembly line. So chances are. One of these flex cables suffered some damage. Same goes with the tiny connection on the main board. These tiny pieces are put on one by one. I think robots do it. The device turned on for their tests. But the long run? ...Well you get the point.

Im just facotry resetting my phone right now, i'll post later the results after a few days of testing