5,604,292 Members 48,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 -- Blinking red light?

Tip us?

Jaybot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Nexus 5 -- Blinking red light?

Hello,

So I was playing around flashing roms from here last night, and I was able to load up a rom that I liked, and get it configured to my liking. I noticed while doing that the phone started to get really hot. I didn't think anything of it, and left it on the charger and went to bed. This morning I woke up and the phone has a blinking red light. I did some Googling and it said that it was a completely drained battery. So I put it back on the charger and now the phone was able to boot back up, it says charging, but it is just at 0% and it doesn't seem to go anywhere from there (plugged in via computer) any ideas?

DaanJordaan
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybot View Post
Hello,

So I was playing around flashing roms from here last night, and I was able to load up a rom that I liked, and get it configured to my liking. I noticed while doing that the phone started to get really hot. I didn't think anything of it, and left it on the charger and went to bed. This morning I woke up and the phone has a blinking red light. I did some Googling and it said that it was a completely drained battery. So I put it back on the charger and now the phone was able to boot back up, it says charging, but it is just at 0% and it doesn't seem to go anywhere from there (plugged in via computer) any ideas?
Revert to stock and see if it still acts like this?
A friend of mine had the same blinking red led.
Turned out the battery was completely drained.
After charging it for a while it was fine again.
Nexus 5 16GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

The Following User Says Thank You to DaanJordaan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jaybot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanJordaan View Post
Revert to stock and see if it still acts like this?
A friend of mine had the same blinking red led.
Turned out the battery was completely drained.
After charging it for a while it was fine again.
Yup! It was drained, and it wasn't charging when I posted this when I had it plugged into my computer.

I put it on the wall charger and left it set for a few minutes, and then it showed up at 7% so I'm really relieved I didn't brick my phone. I just don't get why it didnt charge last night, I know I plugged it in...

DaanJordaan
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybot View Post
Yup! It was drained, and it wasn't charging when I posted this when I had it plugged into my computer.

I put it on the wall charger and left it set for a few minutes, and then it showed up at 7% so I'm really relieved I didn't brick my phone. I just don't get why it didnt charge last night, I know I plugged it in...
Yeah that's strange behavior. My dad was playing a game on his N7 which was hooked up to his PC when it suddenly died.
Scared the hell out of him, turned out it hadn't been charging through USB for some reason, or maybe not enough.
Weird about last night. Maybe it wasn't plugged in completely. Have you tried the same socket? Maybe it's dead.
Nexus 5 16GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

moomingstarz
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanJordaan View Post
Yeah that's strange behavior. My dad was playing a game on his N7 which was hooked up to his PC when it suddenly died.
Scared the hell out of him, turned out it hadn't been charging through USB for some reason, or maybe not enough.
Weird about last night. Maybe it wasn't plugged in completely. Have you tried the same socket? Maybe it's dead.
The computer charges android devices really slowly. When you're playing a game, it will drain faster than it charges, especially if you charge it by a PC/Mac and not a main power source

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk