Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Nexus 5 boot loop at Google logo!

Tip us?

provetti
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prvn234 View Post
Hi,
I've been using Nexus 5 since Nov '13, but this is the first time i'm facing a serious issue in my device.
I was browsing through Chrome and my Battery was 73%, all of a sudden my device rebooted and here comes the main issue/problem.
My device is suffering a boot loop only displaying the google logo for 3-5 seconds and again it reboots.
Occasionally the boot animation starts but no success, again it reboots.

I tried to enter fastboot menu, it enters but it doesn't stay there for not more than 2 seconds. So I can't make any choice over there.
I tried all the combinations (VOL UP+ Power, VOL DOWN+Power, pressing all the buttons), but its of no use.
My device is out of power now.
Even when I plug my device to charger/computer its not showing the battery charging animation instead the reboot loop occurs.
I suspect it can be a problem with the power button in the board.

What do you guys think?

Is there any Solution for this weird problem?
hoping for possible and positive replies.

My device details:
I'm running Stock Android 4.4.4 with stock kernel.(not modified any system files)
TWRP recovery V 2.7.1.1
UNLOCKED
ROOTED.

I have the same issue happening here. All the place I go searcing for an answer andthey say that it is related to software. I suspect too that might be something to do with the power button. I've tried to open it, took of the motherboard, but it seems to be okay.

I have a Black Nexus 5 16gb, 4.4.3. Unrooted Locked

prvn234
Old
(Last edited by prvn234; 1st July 2014 at 05:31 PM.) Reason: explanation, problem resolved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by provetti View Post
I have the same issue happening here. All the place I go searcing for an answer andthey say that it is related to software. I suspect too that might be something to do with the power button. I've tried to open it, took of the motherboard, but it seems to be okay.

I have a Black Nexus 5 16gb, 4.4.3. Unrooted Locked
It might be an issue with the power button.
In my case it was the power button, which tends to rattle and its not fit enough.
As I lost the copy of bill, i can't send the device to LG care.
So today morning I tried pressing the power button and as soon as the google logo appears I started to tap fast at the back cover with my finger right behind the power button.
SURPRISE! the device booted succesfully and was using for about couple of minutes.
Again it started to boot loop.
did the same procedure to boot. now my device is running for more than three hours and I don't know when it would again go to bootloop.

Its just the problem with my power button and I will soon get the bill copy from my retailer so that i will send the device for repair/replacement.

Meanwhile I've locked my device and set the tamper flag to false.

EDIT:- Now my device is back to normal. Thanks for your valuable responses. Its just the power button failure.
The Following User Says Thank You to prvn234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prvn234
Old
(Last edited by prvn234; 1st July 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs down Useless service centers!

Today I went with my device to LG service center, but they were not ready to accept my words regarding this issue.
Surprisingly I found almost more than 6 peoples who bought their Nexus 5 for the same reason.
The technical person in the service center said that it might be due to software update and he suggested a silly solution, After each OTA update he asked me to uninstall each and every app and reinstall again.

I was repeatedly arguing him that it was a Hardware problem and its related to power button, he is not ready to take my words.
I also explained that when the problem existed in my mobile, in OFF condition if device is shaked too much it turns ON without even pressing the power button.

As many of them were waiting there with the same problem I just showed live demo of the problem.

Finally they said if again the problem occurs we should remove the cover and disconnect the battery and then again reconnect it.

Really frustrated spending a whole day in the service center. Main reason is the person in the service centers and technically backward and they were not able to understand the problem.

Is there any other solution available other than service center (Is there any possibilites of contacting google tech support directly) so that my power button gets repaired before the warranty ends!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to prvn234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hebert_hrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by prvn234 View Post
It might be an issue with the power button.
In my case it was the power button, which tends to rattle and its not fit enough.
As I lost the copy of bill, i can't send the device to LG care.
So today morning I tried pressing the power button and as soon as the google logo appears I started to tap fast at the back cover with my finger right behind the power button.
SURPRISE! the device booted succesfully and was using for about couple of minutes.
Again it started to boot loop.
did the same procedure to boot. now my device is running for more than three hours and I don't know when it would again go to bootloop.

Its just the problem with my power button and I will soon get the bill copy from my retailer so that i will send the device for repair/replacement.

Meanwhile I've locked my device and set the tamper flag to false.

EDIT:- Now my device is back to normal. Thanks for your valuable responses. Its just the power button failure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THANK YOU!!! This is the most helpful tip I've found so far! I started tapping its back part while charging the battery, and then I was able to turn it on, but when I quit tapping it the phone shuts down. It is really something related to the power button because the phone was locking itself constantly while it was working. I made some progress and I will keep trying until I make it work permanently. If you have any more helpful tip, please, share it with us! I've been trying to fix it for 3 weeks and Im getting crazy with this! Also, I moved to Brazil and there's no warranty here, so that's why Im trying to fix it by myself.
Did you contact Google and get it finally fixed?

Thank you and good luck!

srt99
Old
Thanks Meter 542
i faced the exact same problem..
initially i thought it's a software problem..but in reality it was a hardware fault.. power button was stuck may be..
after repeatedly pressing the power button phone finally booted up..
thanks for the tip
Proud Nexus 5 Owner
Tags
bootloop, google logo stuck, rma