No registration required

[Q]Nexus 5 boot loop at Google logo!

OP prvn234

12th December 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 13

89 posts
Donate to Me
More
Easiest way would be to go to a smaller gsm repair shop and ask them to replace the button - it doesn't need to be the original one , and with the proper tools it's a 5 minutes repair job. I doubt you'd be charged more than 10-15 euros.

I did that for my desire x - Orange refused to repair since I was S-off and rooted but a guy at a local shop replaced it for 7 euros and a can of beer ...
19th December 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
reCAPTCHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landjaga

I had the same problem already twice. It appears that the cache partitions on the phone is corrupted and therefore Android won't boot. As long as you have an unlocked bootloader you can bring your phone back to life without loosing your personal files. If your bootloader is locked, you have to unlock it first( see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...oader-t2507905). This is how it worked for me:

1. Connect your phone to the PC and bring it into fastboot mode
  2. Download the Factory Android image from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
  3. extract the images from the zip
  4. run "fastboot flash cache cache.img"
  5. restart phone
  6. Done
I hope this can be of help.

Has this work for anyone? Also, sorry I am not a techsavy. Can you please provide detail steps? The problem is, no matter how hard or how long I press the power button or any other, my nexus 5 will not turn on at all. The moment I connect it to PC or a charger, Google logo comes on and restarts right away. I tried bringing into fastboot mode but even then the phone restarts right away after the fastbood mode screen for a second or two. Is there anyway around it to extract all of my files? I really need to save all of my important files which are priceless to me.
Thanks for your help.
20th December 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgkpatel

Has this work for anyone? Also, sorry I am not a techsavy. Can you please provide detail steps? The problem is, no matter how hard or how long I press the power button or any other, my nexus 5 will not turn on at all. The moment I connect it to PC or a charger, Google logo comes on and restarts right away. I tried bringing into fastboot mode but even then the phone restarts right away after the fastbood mode screen for a second or two. Is there anyway around it to extract all of my files? I really need to save all of my important files which are priceless to me.
Thanks for your help.

I found couple of people who have posted their experience with either using really strong magnet or try flicking the power button or just tapping the button and surrounding area etc.
Well since did not have magnet handy, i tried the flicking technique and it worked. It took few mins of tapping flicking but it managed to solved the power button issue. it is working fine for now.

Cheers everyone !!
The Following User Says Thank You to cgkpatel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 05:45 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 29

146 posts
More
Got it working
used my spigen cover to protect phone .. then hit it on table so that power button hit the table .. with some force and boom .. its working now ..
be sure to have some protective to use this method
16th January 2015, 05:10 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
confirmation
I can confirm that the problem is the button. If replaced the phone will work correctly (I just replaced mine).

Regards
18th January 2015, 09:03 PM   |  #36  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

150 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgkpatel

I found couple of people who have posted their experience with either using really strong magnet or try flicking the power button or just tapping the button and surrounding area etc.
Well since did not have magnet handy, i tried the flicking technique and it worked. It took few mins of tapping flicking but it managed to solved the power button issue. it is working fine for now.

Cheers everyone !!

I was facing the exact same problem. The flicking technique solved the problem for me. Thanks!
21st January 2015, 02:09 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 3

180 posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXTw937nPCE
I've the same problem it is always done with a device Reset rising after a few minutes it get stuck and then restart

What the final solution?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, google logo stuck, rma
Previous Thread Next Thread