FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q]Nexus 5 boot loop at Google logo!

14th March 2015, 06:42 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Temp fix for power button problem
Here is a temporary solution. Somehow if you can start the phone and dont use the power button, the problem doesnot re-occur.
I am using app "Power Button to Volume Button" to power on and off my phone, and not having issues from past 1 hours now.
This app can be found on play store.

14th March 2015, 10:26 PM |#62  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 506

More
On mine it comes back on its own. For example I left it charging overnight face down and woke up to the sound of the periodic vibrations as it looped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
15th March 2015, 12:16 AM |#63  
Flag Toronto

More
Just got the repair. Button feels a bit stickier than before. Will try submitting the invoice for reimbursement from my credit card extended warranty.

The guy at the repair shop claimed it was from pressing the button too often / too hard. I wonder if the case I use is a contributing factor as the button takes a bit more effort to press.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
16th March 2015, 04:42 PM |#64  

More
happened to me too. just ordered some parts from eBay and hope my friend can help me solder this bugger.

Anyone know if the metal cage can be remove as per the picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3160024.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	3213673   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3160017.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	3213678  
21st March 2015, 11:07 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrtok

happened to me too. just ordered some parts from eBay and hope my friend can help me solder this bugger.

Anyone know if the metal cage can be remove as per the picture?

Did you have luck desoldering the power button? I was afraid of applying enough heat so I gave up.
22nd March 2015, 03:44 PM |#66  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saigai

Did you have luck desoldering the power button? I was afraid of applying enough heat so I gave up.

im still waiting for the part to arrive. based on what i heard. it seems like the solder is just normal lead solder and should be able to desolder it
26th March 2015, 05:08 AM |#67  
Flag Barquisimeto

More
Where can I take it to in the Netherlands?
Hello everyone,

I've been facing the exact same problem as many of you, I bought my phone on April 1st 2014 from Amazon and got it shipped to Venezuela weeks later, however it started to loop randomly around 6 or 7 months of common use (Say october-november) then it got very often on December and it finally went "crazy" on January as I couldn't use it anymore since it kept rebooting every 2 or 3 seconds. I opened it and tried many way from the Internet and YouTube in order to solve it, but I realized it was the power button that broke down.

I'm pretty sure I have no warranty since I opened my phone (that's what I think) and there's no LG around that I could talk to (due to social-political problems around here), however I'm going to the Netherlands next month, is there any place I can get it fixed for no more than 100 bucks? I've seen Motherboards are around $ 300 and that's almost as much as I paid for this phone.

Thank you very much.
30th March 2015, 09:31 PM |#68  

More
Red face I know a fix :)
I also like yourself have a nexus 5 running 5.1.0 lollipop.....anyways

start by holding power button and volume down

NOW connect to pc and open up SDK and finally use commands in order to push files to your nexus 5...
if you have cusotm recovery if not simply go to stock recovery and find update from adb and use a stock image to update and BAM your pretty much done

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK SIMPLY TAKE OFF YOUR BACK COVER (USING EQUIPMENT) AND NOW TAKE MOTHER BOARD OUT AND LEAVE IT OUT...
NOW CLOSE THE BACK COVER AND HOLD POWER BUTTON ...
YOUR PHONE WILL BOOT UP IN SAFE MODE AND FINALLY TURN YOUR PHONE OFF AND PUT
BACK IN MOTHERBOARD AND UR PHONES FIXED...YOU SHOULDNT HAVE A BOOTLOOP FOR A VERY LONG TIME UNLESS U MESS UP AGAIN TRYING TO FLASH A CUSTOM ROM WITH UR 5 PC...

WHAT EVERY YOU DO....DO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOUR OWN FAULT...
31st March 2015, 03:23 AM |#69  
Flag Toronto

More
Folks, if it's a physical problem with the power button, pushing a stock image is VERY dangerous. You could risk provoking a random reboot DURING the install which will render your phone unbootable.

If you have a hardware based bootloop get it fixed by a pro. If you have a software bootloop then use a software solution. Figure out the difference before you make things worse.

A really good sign that it's a hardware issue - is if you get bootloops even once you've put it into recovery or bootloader mode. Bootloader and recovery are normally stable regardless of the condition of your system/data partitions.
Last edited by cmstlist; 31st March 2015 at 03:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmstlist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2015, 11:29 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishor.m.n

I had the same problem and found the solution in some website..and believe me it really worked.

" A good whack to the side of the phone where the power button is present usually "fixed" it for me" try it.

Wth! I literally had the device in my hand and it was in boot loop, gave it a small whack on the side and it immediately got out of the loop boot and booted normally! thanks!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, google logo stuck, rma
Previous Thread Next Thread