XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 will not boot to menu after root

Tip us?

vpraveenis
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
its a bug in recovery. if i remember right, going to the wipe menu then formatting data will fix it.
I was facing the same issue. Used Mskip tookit to unlock the bootloader and flashed custom recovery. then wne i rebooted the device to enable usb debugging, nexus 5 got stuck on boot logo. When i rebooted into recovery, I could see that data partition could not be mounted and size was showing as 0. I then tried to download and flash stock factory image and since that was taking some time, went ahead and tried to format the data partition from TWRP. Once that was done and I rebooted the recovery, the partition came back and after a successful wipe this time, device was able to boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to vpraveenis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

karyuudo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpraveenis View Post
I was facing the same issue. Used Mskip tookit to unlock the bootloader and flashed custom recovery. then wne i rebooted the device to enable usb debugging, nexus 5 got stuck on boot logo. When i rebooted into recovery, I could see that data partition could not be mounted and size was showing as 0. I then tried to download and flash stock factory image and since that was taking some time, went ahead and tried to format the data partition from TWRP. Once that was done and I rebooted the recovery, the partition came back and after a successful wipe this time, device was able to boot.
Thanks for that info!