Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 will not boot after trying to install ElementalX ROM.

Tip us?

grimreaper1014
Old
(Last edited by grimreaper1014; 7th June 2014 at 11:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
There really isn't much difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 - I didn't even know 0.43 was only for 4.4.3. I've been running it for a couple of days on 4.4.2 without issue, so I doubt that is the cause of it not booting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Ahhh okay thank you for your reply. Can I make any changes to ElemetalX functions from within the OS? I'm trying to figure out what all I can do with it. I'm also trying to find some other cool stuff I can add to my phone. Being new to all this I am sure there is a lot I don't know about. I have been reading up on Exposed and see there is some cool stuff you can install with it. I'm just trying to figure out what some cool options would be.

********How can I uninstall ElemetalX and flash Bricked-Kernel instead? I want to try that one as it has faux123 sound control built into it. I am having a hard time hearing calls and stuff on my Nexus 5

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,771
Kernels flash over each other. However with custom kernels its best to reflash the rom or restore a Nandroid backup first.

First thing to do is to read all the sticky threads

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grimreaper1014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Kernels flash over each other. However with custom kernels its best to reflash the rom or restore a Nandroid backup first.

First thing to do is to read all the sticky threads

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to get the hang of all this. I restored my backup of the stock ROM. Then I flashed the latest nightly build of CM. I used the signed kk gapps from 1/05/2014 I believe it was. I can't remember if that was the right date but I think I'm close. I'm not at home right now to check. However, it was the latest one that was showing and I think it was def from January. Anyways after flashing CM nightly and gapps I have a couple doubles of the same apps. There are two that I spotted so far. There is two camera apps and two calendar apps. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong like flash the wrong gapps? Can I just uninstall the two Google versions of those apps and flash my kernel now? Thanks again for your help.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper1014 View Post
Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to get the hang of all this. I restored my backup of the stock ROM. Then I flashed the latest nightly build of CM. I used the signed kk gapps from 1/05/2014 I believe it was. I can't remember if that was the right date but I think I'm close. I'm not at home right now to check. However, it was the latest one that was showing and I think it was def from January. Anyways after flashing CM nightly and gapps I have a couple doubles of the same apps. There are two that I spotted so far. There is two camera apps and two calendar apps. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong like flash the wrong gapps? Can I just uninstall the two Google versions of those apps and flash my kernel now? Thanks again for your help.
It doesn't matter what date the gapps package was put together. The reason you have two camera apps and two calendar apps is because the gapps package/or the ROM you flashed had the AOSP camera and AOSP calendar, then when flashing the other .zip/installing from Play Store it installs the Google variant. You can have AOSP camera and Google camera installed at the same time, i.e. the same with the calendar.

Flash your kernel, it should be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]