Nexus 5 Bootloop Problem

Search This thread

nexthem

Apr 6, 2014
Ok so I'm very annoyed and I'm not getting much help over at the google product forum. Ok so here is the problem, I'm walking with my phone in my hand on friday and it randomly vibrates so I looked at it and saw the google logo (not the 4 colored circles) then the phone shut off. I thought I accidentally turned it off so I tried to turn it on and nothing, plug it in to a charger and the logo keeps coming on then off and the phone has been looping like this ever since, as soon as you plug it out it completely turns off. Now I have tried the bootloader option but as soon as I see the menu come up..the phone reboots again..so I basically have a $400+ brick on my bed, so upset as I have important things to do and this is a major set back. Any idea on whats going on or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Wow, this is a new way for bricked nexus 5. 4 phones with endless bootloops even on bootloader this weekend :crying:
RMA like said upstairs.

wjng

Feb 17, 2014
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/bootloop-access-bootloader-t2705353

Hi, I'm one of the four as mentioned by GUGUITOMTG4 above haha.

You could try repeating the following steps in order:

1) Vol down + Power button for 30 seconds
2) Vol up + Power button for 30 seconds
3) Vol up + Vol down + Power button for 30 seconds

Rinse and repeat until you get the bootloader screen to stay. Mine only stayed after I threw it on a table though, as mentioned in my thread linked here. Haha good luck!

nexthem

Apr 6, 2014
I was afraid you would say that..i bought my phone from best buy and I don't live in the US, don't know if google would let me send it back and even if it would probably take months to send and get a replacement :crying: . I did some research on the forum and numerous people that experience this same problem ( some on samsung devices) blame it on a "stuck" power button.(some suggested repeatedly playing with the power button to try and fix it) I carried it to a store and they looked at it and said it might be the power button without me mentioning it as a possibility, can a stuck power button cause this behavior? some even mentioned taking out the battery and putting it in again.If I open up my nexus would it void my warranty?

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I was afraid you would say that..i bought my phone from best buy and I don't live in the US, don't know if google would let me send it back and even if it would probably take months to send and get a replacement :crying: . I did some research on the forum and numerous people that experience this same problem ( some on samsung devices) blame it on a "stuck" power button.(some suggested repeatedly playing with the power button to try and fix it) I carried it to a store and they looked at it and said it might be the power button without me mentioning it as a possibility, can a stuck power button cause this behavior? some even mentioned taking out the battery and putting it in again.If I open up my nexus would it void my warranty?

Turn off the phone if possible.
Hold down the volume_up key and connect the phone to your PC.
Is the phone still restarting?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

nexthem

Apr 6, 2014
Turn off the phone if possible.
Hold down the volume_up key and connect the phone to your PC.
Is the phone still restarting?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

the phone cannot be turned on or off..it is only turns on when plugged in, held down the volume button then plugged it in and I see the bootloader option for 3 seconds then it reboots

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
The longer you try to fix it yourself, the longer it will take for you to get a new phone... RMA it... It's a hardware failure...

Good Luck! :)

nexthem

Apr 6, 2014
The longer you try to fix it yourself, the longer it will take for you to get a new phone... RMA it... It's a hardware failure...

Good Luck! :)

I wish I could RMA but I didn't buy from the play store, I bought it from Best Buy, what steps should I take to sort this out?

*Note to self..next time buy straight from Google

nexthem

Apr 6, 2014
Just an update, carried it to a tech shop and as suspected it was indeed the power button, they replaced it and now it's working. The technician said although the button was clicking it kept contact with the board telling the phone to turn off as soon as it turns on which caused the loop. So if anyone is experiencing similar problems you might wanna have that checked. Thanks for the numerous replies :laugh::good:

Reactions: GUGUITOMTG4

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Just an update, carried it to a tech shop and as suspected it was indeed the power button, they replaced it and now it's working. The technician said although the button was clicking it kept contact with the board telling the phone to turn off as soon as it turns on which caused the loop. So if anyone is experiencing similar problems you might wanna have that checked. Thanks for the numerous replies :laugh::good:

Thanks for reporting, there have been more users with that issue recently. Now you fully confirmed the cause:good:

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
My nexus 5 went into a bootloop today and after i tried plugging and holding everything for hours i took wjng's advice, held vollume down and power at the same time and slammed it down onto a table and it stayed on the bootloader finally. Time to flash a stock rom and pray i guess.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.