Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 Bootloop Problem

Tip us?

nexthem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
The longer you try to fix it yourself, the longer it will take for you to get a new phone... RMA it... It's a hardware failure...

Good Luck!
I wish I could RMA but I didn't buy from the play store, I bought it from Best Buy, what steps should I take to sort this out?

*Note to self..next time buy straight from Google

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexthem View Post
I wish I could RMA but I didn't buy from the play store, I bought it from Best Buy, what steps should I take to sort this out?

*Note to self..next time buy straight from Google
Oh Np. You need to contact your local LG service centre to claim warranty

nexthem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just an update, carried it to a tech shop and as suspected it was indeed the power button, they replaced it and now it's working. The technician said although the button was clicking it kept contact with the board telling the phone to turn off as soon as it turns on which caused the loop. So if anyone is experiencing similar problems you might wanna have that checked. Thanks for the numerous replies
The Following User Says Thank You to nexthem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexthem View Post
Just an update, carried it to a tech shop and as suspected it was indeed the power button, they replaced it and now it's working. The technician said although the button was clicking it kept contact with the board telling the phone to turn off as soon as it turns on which caused the loop. So if anyone is experiencing similar problems you might wanna have that checked. Thanks for the numerous replies
Thanks for reporting, there have been more users with that issue recently. Now you fully confirmed the cause
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Masterface7
Old
(Last edited by Masterface7; 22nd August 2014 at 05:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 43
My nexus 5 went into a bootloop today and after i tried plugging and holding everything for hours i took wjng's advice, held vollume down and power at the same time and slammed it down onto a table and it stayed on the bootloader finally. Time to flash a stock rom and pray i guess.
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: The one with Android 4.x