Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 bootlooping and won't boot into bootloader

Tip us?

andy.hyde4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 bootlooping and won't boot into bootloader

My nexus was working fine and then i tried turning on the screen and it wouldnt turn on so i plugged it into the charger and it was coming up with the bootloader screen (google screen) and then turning off again.
I can boot to bootloader mode by holding volume down by again the phone will power off after less than a second.
My bootloader is unlocked but my phone is running stock 4.4.2 firmware off the google website (cyanogenmod had too many bugs).
Has anyone had the same issue and know of a way to resolve it?

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1918

DONATE TO ME
If the phone keeps the restarting in bootloader, then it's certainly got nothing to do with CM... I guess your power button is stuck or broken.. Try pressing the power button hard and move it around a bit too see if it loosens up.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

andy.hyde4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i know its not to do cm, i've been on stock for months now, i was saying i'm on stock so it is not firmware related.
surely the power button has nothing to do with it powering itself off?

meridianwest
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.hyde4 View Post
i know its not to do cm, i've been on stock for months now, i was saying i'm on stock so it is not firmware related.
surely the power button has nothing to do with it powering itself off?
Actually it probably does! Thought I'd jump in here - had the same problem with the device rebooting randomly or locking the screen (very rarely) - and then one day, bam, bootloop. Exact same symptoms.

It's probably a stuck power button : )

If you got your Nexus through Play (and it's within warranty), just ping them on the website, they'll RMA it and have you up and running remarkably painlessly. Not sure if it's a "known issue" yet but I'm glad to see I wasn't just crazy!
The Following User Says Thank You to meridianwest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andy.hyde4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have phoned google and they are sending me a replacement.