Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 Brick/Soft Brick

Tip us?
 
Quart77
Old
(Last edited by Quart77; 29th August 2014 at 07:59 PM.)
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
Here is what i get:

Also, when i give the lock command it locks the bootloader.

As soon as I reboot the loader, it says LOCK STATE: UNLOCKED again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nexus 5a.png
Views:	101
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	2917106  
 
jd1639
Old
#12  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,334
Posts: 9,785
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quart77 View Post
Here is what i get:
I was afraid I'd see that. The bootloader didn't lock. That usually means you emmc flash memory is bad. You'll have to rma the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Quart77
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
Will they RMA a device that is modified?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
 
jd1639
Old
#14  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,334
Posts: 9,785
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quart77 View Post
Will they RMA a device that is modified?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
Hopefully. Google seems to be pretty cool about it. If you have to go through LG they'll probably charge you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Quart77
Old
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
So I guess there is no way to unroot it at this point? I called google and they want me to unroot it to return it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
 
jd1639
Old
#16  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,334
Posts: 9,785
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quart77 View Post
So I guess there is no way to unroot it at this point? I called google and they want me to unroot it to return it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
I don't think there is going to be a way. But I'd try this. Download the bootunlocker script from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40409356

Also have the twrp recovery image on your PC. Then boot into the bootloader. Try

fastboot boot recovery.img. Where recovery. img is the twrp recovery image. If that works it'll boot into twrp.

If it works adb push the bootunlocker script to your device and install it in twrp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Quart77
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
So just an update, they are going to RMA the device. I told them everything I did to it and they are still going to take it back. Let's hope it is that emmc flash memory, it should be covered under the warranty as a hardware defect. Well I'm assuming it is .

Thanks for the help, unfortunately nothing seemed to fix it. Ah well we tried. I will update everyone on the process, so ppl in the future know if Google will honor that warranty.

Cheers

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
 
jd1639
Old
#18  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,334
Posts: 9,785
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quart77 View Post
So just an update, they are going to RMA the device. I told them everything I did to it and they are still going to take it back. Let's hope it is that emmc flash memory, it should be covered under the warranty as a hardware defect. Well I'm assuming it is .

Thanks for the help, unfortunately nothing seemed to fix it. Ah well we tried. I will update everyone on the process, so ppl in the future know if Google will honor that warranty.

Cheers

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
Good luck on it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Quart77
Old
#19  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Aug 2014
So an update: Google did not charge me for the return and the new one is up and going. Amazing, this is why I will continue to buy their products.

Cheers guys
 
jd1639
Old
#20  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,334
Posts: 9,785
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quart77 View Post
So an update: Google did not charge me for the return and the new one is up and going. Amazing, this is why I will continue to buy their products.

Cheers guys
Glad to hear it. Enjoy your new device!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more