Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 Bricked! HELP!!! URGENT!

OP scuccria

4th May 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I'm kind of screwed and It's not even my mistake, I guess.
I clean flashed the Mahdi Update 25/04 yesterday earlier I had 03/03. In the morning I experienced 2 -3 random reboots and later only one random reboot after which my phone won't boot (bootloop). When i enter bootloader, it automatically selects "start" and boots into system and then reboots.
Once i got the chance and my phone booted fully. But then when I selected reboot into recovery so that i can restore a NAND. IT reboots, the team win logo shows up and then the cycle repeats.
Basically, i don't have access to recovery, my bootloader isn't stable (i.e. it automatically boots without selecting) so I'm unable to flash a stock img as of now. If and when my Nexus fully boots into system it stays the same for about 1 hr if i have any luck. PLz help.
From India. Unlocked Bootloader and custom Rom "Mahdi".
4th May 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 42

225 posts
More
Have you tried using add to boot into recovery? If not also try to getting a logcat when it reboots, those will give us a little more of a general idea of what is actually happening.
4th May 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
First thing don't panic. You can't brick a nexus. You should be able to get into bootloader (volume down + power button) use Wugs Nexus Root toolkit from XDA forum. reload stock ROM in fastboot mode. I have done this lots of time. It's a draw back to being a tinkerer just can't leave well enough alone.
Last edited by clintzodiac; 4th May 2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: add additional information
4th May 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,621

3,971 posts
More
It sounds like your power bottom might be stuck to be honest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyterage

Have you tried using add to boot into recovery? If not also try to getting a logcat when it reboots, those will give us a little more of a general idea of what is actually happening.

I managed to somehow get into my bootloader and flashed the following
1. bootloader.img
2. radio.img
3. system.img
4. stock kernel (boot.img)
5. twrp recovery.img

I skipped userdata,img as i need to save my data.
I then went into recovery and did a factory wipe (not including internal storage)
My stock rom booted BUT the setup screen showed up and during the setup process it rebooted again and I couldn't mount my storage to backup.
MY MAIN PRIORITY IS TO COPY THE CONTENTS OF MY SD CARD Before flashing the whole stock image (including userdata)
Now when I type "adb version" in cmd I get Android Debug Bridge Version 1.0.31 but when I type "adb devices" whilst my phone is in fastboot mode, it doesn't list my phone. So i'm unable to "adb pull /mnt/sdcard"
I'm in the same situation with rare access to B/L (based on luck) and Recovery.
Plz tell me what to do when I am able to connect in bootloader mode (fastboot)
IF required I can upload a video showing that what problem I am facing.
5th May 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #6  
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 717

1,148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccria

I managed to somehow get into my bootloader and flashed the following
1. bootloader.img
2. radio.img
3. system.img
4. stock kernel (boot.img)
5. twrp recovery.img

I skipped userdata,img as i need to save my data.
I then went into recovery and did a factory wipe (not including internal storage)
My stock rom booted BUT the setup screen showed up and during the setup process it rebooted again and I couldn't mount my storage to backup.
MY MAIN PRIORITY IS TO COPY THE CONTENTS OF MY SD CARD Before flashing the whole stock image (including userdata)
Now when I type "adb version" in cmd I get Android Debug Bridge Version 1.0.31 but when I type "adb devices" whilst my phone is in fastboot mode, it doesn't list my phone. So i'm unable to "adb pull /mnt/sdcard"
I'm in the same situation with rare access to B/L (based on luck) and Recovery.
Plz tell me what to do when I am able to connect in bootloader mode (fastboot)
IF required I can upload a video showing that what problem I am facing.

To use adb pull you have to enter the recovery. You need universal naked usb driver 0.73 to make adb work in recovery. If you are on windows 8 or 8.1 you have to turn off the driver signiture enforcement befote installing the universal naked usb driver 0.73

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
5th May 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 441

1,296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy

It sounds like your power bottom might be stuck to be honest.

I agree. It's a malfunctioning power button due to several reasons (moisture, drops, etc.). I had this on my Nexus S.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread