[Q] Nexus 5 Bricked! HELP!!! URGENT!

Search This thread

scuccria

Dec 12, 2013
I'm kind of screwed and It's not even my mistake, I guess.
I clean flashed the Mahdi Update 25/04 yesterday earlier I had 03/03. In the morning I experienced 2 -3 random reboots and later only one random reboot after which my phone won't boot (bootloop). When i enter bootloader, it automatically selects "start" and boots into system and then reboots.
Once i got the chance and my phone booted fully. But then when I selected reboot into recovery so that i can restore a NAND. IT reboots, the team win logo shows up and then the cycle repeats.
Basically, i don't have access to recovery, my bootloader isn't stable (i.e. it automatically boots without selecting) so I'm unable to flash a stock img as of now. If and when my Nexus fully boots into system it stays the same for about 1 hr if i have any luck. PLz help.
From India. Unlocked Bootloader and custom Rom "Mahdi".

nyterage

Feb 7, 2010
Somewhere
Have you tried using add to boot into recovery? If not also try to getting a logcat when it reboots, those will give us a little more of a general idea of what is actually happening.

clintzodiac

Feb 26, 2011
First thing don't panic. You can't brick a nexus. You should be able to get into bootloader (volume down + power button) use Wugs Nexus Root toolkit from XDA forum. reload stock ROM in fastboot mode. I have done this lots of time. It's a draw back to being a tinkerer just can't leave well enough alone.

Last edited:

scuccria

Dec 12, 2013
Have you tried using add to boot into recovery? If not also try to getting a logcat when it reboots, those will give us a little more of a general idea of what is actually happening.

I managed to somehow get into my bootloader and flashed the following
1. bootloader.img
2. radio.img
3. system.img
4. stock kernel (boot.img)
5. twrp recovery.img

I skipped userdata,img as i need to save my data.
I then went into recovery and did a factory wipe (not including internal storage)
My stock rom booted BUT the setup screen showed up and during the setup process it rebooted again and I couldn't mount my storage to backup.
MY MAIN PRIORITY IS TO COPY THE CONTENTS OF MY SD CARD Before flashing the whole stock image (including userdata)
Now when I type "adb version" in cmd I get Android Debug Bridge Version 1.0.31 but when I type "adb devices" whilst my phone is in fastboot mode, it doesn't list my phone. So i'm unable to "adb pull /mnt/sdcard"
I'm in the same situation with rare access to B/L (based on luck) and Recovery.
Plz tell me what to do when I am able to connect in bootloader mode (fastboot)
IF required I can upload a video showing that what problem I am facing.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I managed to somehow get into my bootloader and flashed the following
1. bootloader.img
2. radio.img
3. system.img
4. stock kernel (boot.img)
5. twrp recovery.img

I skipped userdata,img as i need to save my data.
I then went into recovery and did a factory wipe (not including internal storage)
My stock rom booted BUT the setup screen showed up and during the setup process it rebooted again and I couldn't mount my storage to backup.
MY MAIN PRIORITY IS TO COPY THE CONTENTS OF MY SD CARD Before flashing the whole stock image (including userdata)
Now when I type "adb version" in cmd I get Android Debug Bridge Version 1.0.31 but when I type "adb devices" whilst my phone is in fastboot mode, it doesn't list my phone. So i'm unable to "adb pull /mnt/sdcard"
I'm in the same situation with rare access to B/L (based on luck) and Recovery.
Plz tell me what to do when I am able to connect in bootloader mode (fastboot)
IF required I can upload a video showing that what problem I am facing.

To use adb pull you have to enter the recovery. You need universal naked usb driver 0.73 to make adb work in recovery. If you are on windows 8 or 8.1 you have to turn off the driver signiture enforcement befote installing the universal naked usb driver 0.73

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el