Nexus 5 camera crash.

16th August 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227

1,172 posts
I have 2 Nexus 5 devices. The one my wife owns does not like the latest Google Camera apk from the Play Store. I have re-flashed the stock 4.4.4 ROM from Google as well as verify the checksum of the image. The stock camera apk that comes with the ROM works fine. I have tried booting into safemode and finally got the new camera working. Unfortunately after booting to normal mode the camera crashes again. I have cleared cache and it did not help. Also sometimes when she calls me her voice sounds garbled and jittery a little. The bootloader is unlocked but no root access. My question is could the unlocked bootloader be the issue? Or is there something else I can try? Thank You in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5
17th August 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
I don't think it's the unlocked bootloader. I'm running LiquidSmooth (with unlocked BL of course) and it works fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
17th August 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,181

3,708 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bootloader status doesn't have any impact on camera or any system files for that matter.. Since you've already flashed factory images and still face this camera issue, it could be a hardware issue.. Do you get these crashes while using other camera apps as well?
17th August 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227

1,172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Bootloader status doesn't have any impact on camera or any system files for that matter.. Since you've already flashed factory images and still face this camera issue, it could be a hardware issue.. Do you get these crashes while using other camera apps as well?

I tried a bunch of camera apps from the Play Store and none of them crashed. Is it possible that the camera has bad firmware?

Sent from my Nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread