[Q] Nexus 5 Front Camera Option Gone

OP -Cobalt-

2nd May 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

37 posts
More
Hey all,

None of the threads related to my issue helped me very much and the issue is still persistent.

Here's what happened. I flashed a new ROM (from CM11 to Purity). Before I flashed, I wiped System, Dalvik Cache, Cache, and Data. Usually there's no issue when I proceed with this method. I opened up the camera app and it had no front camera option. I tried other third party apps but still no luck.

I've heard that this is a hardware bug... which kind of confuses me since it was working fine while I was on CM11 M5.

If anyone has any experience with this or has dealt with the same issue, please let me know!

Thanks,
-Cobalt-
2nd May 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Meridian, Idaho
Thanks Meter: 89

313 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Cobalt-

Hey all,

None of the threads related to my issue helped me very much and the issue is still persistent.

Here's what happened. I flashed a new ROM (from CM11 to Purity). Before I flashed, I wiped System, Dalvik Cache, Cache, and Data. Usually there's no issue when I proceed with this method. I opened up the camera app and it had no front camera option. I tried other third party apps but still no luck.

I've heard that this is a hardware bug... which kind of confuses me since it was working fine while I was on CM11 M5.

If anyone has any experience with this or has dealt with the same issue, please let me know!

Thanks,
-Cobalt-

Why not try flashing something else?
2nd May 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 2,996

3,455 posts
I would flash the latest firmware to completely reset your device. If the front camera is working then you should be able to start flashing ROMs again.
3rd May 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauenheim

Why not try flashing something else?

Already tried that. Doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm

I would flash the latest firmware to completely reset your device. If the front camera is working then you should be able to start flashing ROMs again.

Also tried that. Still not showing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
front camera
Previous Thread Next Thread