Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 camera problem

Tip us?
 
santoshrane
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jun 2005
Default Nexus 5 camera problem

Go to nexus 5 camera>settings and change picture mode to 2meg 16:9 and then click a macro or a closeup with forced flash. Tell me what you get.

I get a white over exposed image.

Why does this happen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
simms22
Old
#2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20647
Posts: 24,875
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshrane View Post
Go to nexus 5 camera>settings and change picture mode to 2meg 16:9 and then click a macro or a closeup with forced flash. Tell me what you get.

I get a white over exposed image.

Why does this happen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
macro and a flash.. the flash lighting will over expose the photo from the light being too close. set the exposure to -1 or -2. generally for macro shots, i use a small led keychain flashlight instead of the flash. but -1 or -2 exposure should help.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
santoshrane
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jun 2005
Try it! And let me know what u get.. Don't do a macro. Just point n shoot in the dark. Its not only about macro shots. The mode 2meg 16:9 has a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
santoshrane
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jun 2005
And yeah try the same macro or non macro shot in other modes with same flash setting

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
simms22
Old
#5  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20647
Posts: 24,875
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshrane View Post
Try it! And let me know what u get.. Don't do a macro. Just point n shoot in the dark. Its not only about macro shots. The mode 2meg 16:9 has a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshrane View Post
And yeah try the same macro or non macro shot in other modes with same flash setting

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
you are right, looks like a bug. ive never noticed it, ive always kept picture size to 8mp.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
santoshrane
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jun 2005
I wasted lot of time doing a hard reset and other stuff.. Just to find out that the mode has an issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to santoshrane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
simms22
Old
#7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20647
Posts: 24,875
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshrane View Post
I wasted lot of time doing a hard reset and other stuff.. Just to find out that the mode has an issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
lol(not funny), that sucks.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more