Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 camera does not record video

Tip us?

lichti1901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4729

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidhussain View Post
Yes, I did it. Flashed the stock 4.4.2 and everything seems to work fine. However, when I tried updating using OTA after downgrading the update failed and stopped with "Error" message. After flashing 4.4.2 from scratch will hopefully allow smooth future OTA updates. Thanks everyone.
Glad you worked it out!

Good thing is - you got a Nexus, so its easy to flash all the stuff and go back to stock/factory image/recovery/...
///DevHost for my rastakat builds black&white themed with some extra goodies ///
Android File Host also for my rastakat updates
github for my Code
Want to know what is inside my build? Here's a Feature List

Sent from my Nexus 5
and my second Baby
Cube Stereo Super HPC 140 Race

mctt
Old
(Last edited by mctt; 27th January 2014 at 01:21 AM.) Reason: words. and add that the safe mode fix sort of works.
Thanks Meter 0
Any update on this? I have this exact problem. No unlock, not root just pure OTA stock.

1. Video does not record. You press the red button and no timer comes up.
2. A VID_20140126_224910.mp4.tmp file is created 395.54 KB.
3. Time lapse works as do all the other camera functions.
4. The basic Google FAQ has generic instructions if an app does not work so I followed these.
5. in safe mode the camera works fine.
6. Power off and on again. The Video Camera then works fine and creates normal .mp4 files.

Things I have done that may affected the Camera in the first place;
1. Clear cache.
2. Put a .thumbnails file in DCIM to stop the gigantic .thumbnail folder being created.
3. Running nova launcher.

Unlikely these are a factor as I isolated them as an issue and rebooted but worth a mention just in case.
Camera works but have found the it subsequently stopped working again and had to repeat the Google FAQ steps to fix an app.

mctt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
To answer my own question I found the uninstalling Said It_1.3.37.apk fixed the problem and just to prove it reinstalling brought the problem back.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Quick update. the developer emailed me back. He co firmed it does the same on his device and will send an update.
Tags
camera app, nexus 5, video issue, video recording