Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 camera does not record video

OP shahidhussain

24th January 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Riding my Bike
Thanks Meter: 6,306

3,564 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidhussain

Yes, I did it. Flashed the stock 4.4.2 and everything seems to work fine. However, when I tried updating using OTA after downgrading the update failed and stopped with "Error" message. After flashing 4.4.2 from scratch will hopefully allow smooth future OTA updates. Thanks everyone.

Glad you worked it out!

Good thing is - you got a Nexus, so its easy to flash all the stuff and go back to stock/factory image/recovery/...
27th January 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #12  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Any update on this? I have this exact problem. No unlock, not root just pure OTA stock.

1. Video does not record. You press the red button and no timer comes up.
2. A VID_20140126_224910.mp4.tmp file is created 395.54 KB.
3. Time lapse works as do all the other camera functions.
4. The basic Google FAQ has generic instructions if an app does not work so I followed these.
5. in safe mode the camera works fine.
6. Power off and on again. The Video Camera then works fine and creates normal .mp4 files.

Things I have done that may affected the Camera in the first place;
1. Clear cache.
2. Put a .thumbnails file in DCIM to stop the gigantic .thumbnail folder being created.
3. Running nova launcher.

Unlikely these are a factor as I isolated them as an issue and rebooted but worth a mention just in case.
Camera works but have found the it subsequently stopped working again and had to repeat the Google FAQ steps to fix an app.
Last edited by mctt; 27th January 2014 at 02:21 AM. Reason: words. and add that the safe mode fix sort of works.
27th January 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #13  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
To answer my own question I found the uninstalling Said It_1.3.37.apk fixed the problem and just to prove it reinstalling brought the problem back.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Quick update. the developer emailed me back. He co firmed it does the same on his device and will send an update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera app, nexus 5, video issue, video recording
Previous Thread Next Thread