Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

something i noticed in the android L

Tip us?
 
ohad123454
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 87
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default something i noticed in the android L

well i upgraded today to the L version but i noticed one big thing that made me come back to the 4.4.4
why the hell i dont have a gallery ? i mean the gallery now is the "photos" of the google cloud.
this is not comfortable at all , i love my gallery and the way its organized.
well what do u think ? google will release the final version like that ? with no gallery ? and we'll have to get use to the "photos" gallery ?
if that will happen i'll stay with my 4.4.4 i really can stand it .. thats very annoying.
what do u think guys ? (:
 
Ken C
Old
#2  
Ken C's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 332
Join Date: Mar 2011
In that long assed thread on L it's mentioned multiple times. Folks are saying that you can use quick pic for your gallery. I believe it's been the group opinion that the photo app took the place of gallery and nobody is sure if gallery may be in the final consumer release of L in the fall
Blah blah blah. Signature.
 
simms22
Old
#3  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20716
Posts: 24,964
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad123454 View Post
well i upgraded today to the L version but i noticed one big thing that made me come back to the 4.4.4
why the hell i dont have a gallery ? i mean the gallery now is the "photos" of the google cloud.
this is not comfortable at all , i love my gallery and the way its organized.
well what do u think ? google will release the final version like that ? with no gallery ? and we'll have to get use to the "photos" gallery ?
if that will happen i'll stay with my 4.4.4 i really can stand it .. thats very annoying.
what do u think guys ? (:
just install the Gallery2.apk like everyone else http://goo.gl/QD4szE

photos links you to g+ which links you to google. its googles app, not gallery. gallery is part of aosp. anyways, its easy to find. if you cant find it, you can exract it from many places(roms/gapps).
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ohad123454
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 87
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
In that long assed thread on L it's mentioned multiple times. Folks are saying that you can use quick pic for your gallery. I believe it's been the group opinion that the photo app took the place of gallery and nobody is sure if gallery may be in the final consumer release of L in the fall
i have not seen anyone about that but i hope that the gallery will be on the final version
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
just install the Gallery2.apk like everyone else http://goo.gl/QD4szE

photos links you to g+ which links you to google. its googles app, not gallery. gallery is part of aosp. anyways, its easy to find. if you cant find it, you can exract it from many places(roms/gapps).
well i like the google+ backup but i like my gallery either , i mean i like to take a photo and then its on my gallery app + on my google backup account , i want the gallery bro , you think that the gallery will be an indeppended app aventually like in the 4.4.4 ? i hope so , i dont want to use the app u gave me you know , i want my gallery. why did they do this anyway ?
 
simms22
Old
#5  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20716
Posts: 24,964
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad123454 View Post
i have not seen anyone about that but i hope that the gallery will be on the final version


well i like the google+ backup but i like my gallery either , i mean i like to take a photo and then its on my gallery app + on my google backup account , i want the gallery bro , you think that the gallery will be an indeppended app aventually like in the 4.4.4 ? i hope so , i dont want to use the app u gave me you know , i want my gallery. why did they do this anyway ?
i think its not on the nexus 7 anymore(could be wrong). but i do think they are planning on getting rid if it. i only use the gallery app as well, and i take a LARGE number of photos(lol). ive used it for nearly 6 years now. if they do stop using it, i hope they keep it in the aosp.

the app i linked is the gallery, off my phone. it works on L. put it in /system/app/ and reboot.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
monkeypaws
Old
#6  
monkeypaws's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 420
Posts: 1,656
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad123454 View Post
i have not seen anyone about that but i hope that the gallery will be on the final version


well i like the google+ backup but i like my gallery either , i mean i like to take a photo and then its on my gallery app + on my google backup account , i want the gallery bro , you think that the gallery will be an indeppended app aventually like in the 4.4.4 ? i hope so , i dont want to use the app u gave me you know , i want my gallery. why did they do this anyway ?
Man. First of all the L thread is huge and its been mentioned there more than a handful of times. 2nd this is a preview ROM. Not final release. No one ones and won't know until they release their final version in fall, sept or october. Either use the workarounds like quickpic or revert back to 4.4.4.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Waxwrong
Old
#7  
Waxwrong's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 81
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nong Khai, Thailand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
In that long assed thread on L it's mentioned multiple times. Folks are saying that you can use quick pic for your gallery. I believe it's been the group opinion that the photo app took the place of gallery and nobody is sure if gallery may be in the final consumer release of L in the fall
I have always used QuickPic but also have a soft spot for Gallery - I think it has improved over time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
 
ohad123454
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 87
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
i think its not on the nexus 7 anymore(could be wrong). but i do think they are planning on getting rid if it. i only use the gallery app as well, and i take a LARGE number of photos(lol). ive used it for nearly 6 years now. if they do stop using it, i hope they keep it in the aosp.

the app i linked is the gallery, off my phone. it works on L. put it in /system/app/ and reboot.
look , eventually i flashed back to 4.4.4 cuz i fell like home with that version u know .. i dont know the app u sent me and i didnt download it because i have the stock gallery now lol >< i really hope that they will release the fianl version with the gallery , i hate the g+ gallery its awful but its good for backup not more than that [at least thats what i think] , we'll have to wait and see i guess hope that the gallery will be in the final version [:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaws View Post
Man. First of all the L thread is huge and its been mentioned there more than a handful of times. 2nd this is a preview ROM. Not final release. No one ones and won't know until they release their final version in fall, sept or october. Either use the workarounds like quickpic or revert back to 4.4.4.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
your'e right bro , but though i really hope that the gallery app will stay cuz i like it very much [:
The Following User Says Thank You to ohad123454 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ken C
Old
#9  
Ken C's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 332
Join Date: Mar 2011
Lol.. That gallery 2 must have been mentioned after I gave up plowing through that long so of a thread. Only so many times I could handle the same questions being asked on every 3rd post Lol.. Didn't realized gallery was aosp, I've just noticed it on every phone I've used. No big deal to me.
Blah blah blah. Signature.
 
paul_viado
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 173
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: the City of Sin
just an FYI..The "gallery app" has been gone for a while..it started with the z ultra and g pad google play editions those were introduced with stock android without a "gallery" app..so in my opinion its headed out the door and the fact the it isnt there on the L preview for the nexus 5 ,i think solidifies that its gone in favor of the "photos" app.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes