XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 show charging(USB) when using charger

Tip us?

leung991085
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Nexus 5 show charging(USB) when using charger

The battery pages says "USB" instead of "AC" when the charger is connected which makes charging very slowly

The problem exists after upgrading to 4.4.2
Is there any solution?

maumaumau
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung991085 View Post
The battery pages says "USB" instead of "AC" when the charger is connected which makes charging very slowly

Is there any solution?
Have you tried another charger?

Maxyman
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:

Is there any solution?
From my understanding the difference of USB and AC charging is the Amps that runs into your phone. I'm not sure what you mean by 'charger' as for me I also use an external charger like a backup battery. If you are referring to a wall charger then you may want to try another charger as this may mean that that charger isn't providing enough Amps to your phone. If you are using a external battery to charge your phone then I would think it's because of that particular external charger. Some only charge at 1A--mine charges at 2.2A--which may trigger a USB charge.

Haha, look, I'm NOT a pro. Nowhere near even. Just chucking in my 2 cents for the purpose of experimentation.
Using Tapatalk

jt3
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Android determines that you're on an A/C charger by the USB data pins being shorted together. If they're not, or if they're missing entirely, as is the case with a lot of "charge only" cables, then it will only charge in USB mode.

For A/C mode, you need an android compatible charger, and a data cable (not a charge-only cable).

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Is there any solution?
Same problem someone face in Note3 forum, it was a loose contact, remove cable from plug & put it back & try.

leung991085
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you all very much

I've tried another USB cable and it works again