[Q] Nexus 5 not connecting to computer (usb), does not show in device manager
I would like to see if I can get anyones assistance with solving my problem. I have lost the ability to connect my Nexus 5 to my computer via USB. I had previously been able to connect the phone without any problems.
Connecting my phone to PC charges the phone but no drivers are loaded, nothing changes in device manager and I cannot see a change in windows explorer to view the memory card.
So far I have tried the following:
- searches on various sites
- rebooting phone, starting in safe mode, wiping all data, performing a hard reset
- connecting other phones to usb cable to check that it is not a charge only cable, also trying several other USB cables
- connecting phone to other computers
- connecting other phones (HTC) to load drivers (then uninstalling drivers)
- displaying all hidden devices in device manager and removing all drivers that resemble something to do with mobile phones
- uninstalling programs I no longer require on the PC
- using "wugs nexus root toolkit" to uninstall and re-install drivers
- checking & unchecking MTP, PTP, developer options, USB debugging in various combinations to elicit a response from the computer.
- I have also tried to visually check the connections of the USB port on the phone wondering is there is a break but I cannot see very well.
does anyone have any further suggestions to get this phone connected to a PC?
my only last thought is to attempt to open the phone and check the resistance of the plug connections.