Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 52,096 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 constantly rebooting at 'Google'

Tip us?

steelbreeze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
Then you have to visit that local repairer guy pay him to replace the power key again or pay LG to replace the mother board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroh View Post
Yeah the repair guy you dealt with must have fixed the button short-term but in doing so inadvertently caused it to short out. Meaning it needs to go back to a repair shop (better one) and cross your fingers that it didn't short out more important components

Okie. Will take the phone to LG tomorrow or over the weekend.

Guys please clear my one doubt. If it's the stuck power button, what does it have to do with the phone not doing anything when on battery but decides to go till 'Google' when plugged in?

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbreeze View Post
Okie. Will take the phone to LG tomorrow or over the weekend.

Guys please clear my one doubt. If it's the stuck power button, what does it have to do with the phone not doing anything when on battery but decides to go till 'Google' when plugged in?
My phone behaves the same way if I constantly press the power button
The Following User Says Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hebert_hrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=steelbreeze;54004571]Guys my gf's Nexus 5 shutdown today and just refuses to boot up. It doesn't do anything with any of the keys pressed in any of the combinations that are defined. But once it is plugged in to the charger or USB, the google logo pops up and the phone keeps on rebooting to that logo. If the volume down key is pressed when this is happening, the fastboot mode is visible for a second and the phone keeps rebooting. No action can be done in the fastboot mode due to the quick reboot. I am attaching the video of the problem. Any help guys?

Did you get it fixed? I have the same issue and I've tried many ways to bring it back to life. My last step will be taking it to the tech support, because I live in Brazil, and I'm pretty sure they will charge me expensively as hell.

KashMiester
Old
Thanks Meter 24
[QUOTE=hebert_hrs;54491327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbreeze View Post
Guys my gf's Nexus 5 shutdown today and just refuses to boot up. It doesn't do anything with any of the keys pressed in any of the combinations that are defined. But once it is plugged in to the charger or USB, the google logo pops up and the phone keeps on rebooting to that logo. If the volume down key is pressed when this is happening, the fastboot mode is visible for a second and the phone keeps rebooting. No action can be done in the fastboot mode due to the quick reboot. I am attaching the video of the problem. Any help guys?

Did you get it fixed? I have the same issue and I've tried many ways to bring it back to life. My last step will be taking it to the tech support, because I live in Brazil, and I'm pretty sure they will charge me expensively as hell.
I'm in the same boat, unfortuantely i'm at a loss in what to do, i'm going to send it back to Google and await a replacement, meanwhile i'll get my hands on some cheap old phone for now.

::neXGen::
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had my Nexus 5 for about a few month now, and have loved it till this morning, it decided to just shut off (full battery too) and i tried to turn it on and it is now just constantly starting up to the "Google" splash screen then shutting off.

Sometimes it gets to the the 4 color circles then shuts off.

I want to enter into recovery mode, but I have no time to click recovery mode as it reboots frequently
One thing i noticed when it did boot up was the power button seems to be extremely sensitive and volatile

dueltothedeath
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I had this same problem.. It constantly rebooted and wouldn't let me get into recovery.. Every time I plugged in the charger it would reboot also. You have to let the battery completely drain.. I gave it a couple weeks.. then tried it again and it worked.
Flashaholic user
The Following User Says Thank You to dueltothedeath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
boot loop, nexus 5