Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 constantly rebooting at 'Google'

Tip us?
 
steelbreeze
Old
#11  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 65
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
Then you have to visit that local repairer guy pay him to replace the power key again or pay LG to replace the mother board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroh View Post
Yeah the repair guy you dealt with must have fixed the button short-term but in doing so inadvertently caused it to short out. Meaning it needs to go back to a repair shop (better one) and cross your fingers that it didn't short out more important components

Okie. Will take the phone to LG tomorrow or over the weekend.

Guys please clear my one doubt. If it's the stuck power button, what does it have to do with the phone not doing anything when on battery but decides to go till 'Google' when plugged in?
 
bitdomo
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 657
Posts: 1,072
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Göd
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbreeze View Post
Okie. Will take the phone to LG tomorrow or over the weekend.

Guys please clear my one doubt. If it's the stuck power button, what does it have to do with the phone not doing anything when on battery but decides to go till 'Google' when plugged in?
My phone behaves the same way if I constantly press the power button
The Following User Says Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hebert_hrs
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
[QUOTE=steelbreeze;54004571]Guys my gf's Nexus 5 shutdown today and just refuses to boot up. It doesn't do anything with any of the keys pressed in any of the combinations that are defined. But once it is plugged in to the charger or USB, the google logo pops up and the phone keeps on rebooting to that logo. If the volume down key is pressed when this is happening, the fastboot mode is visible for a second and the phone keeps rebooting. No action can be done in the fastboot mode due to the quick reboot. I am attaching the video of the problem. Any help guys?

Did you get it fixed? I have the same issue and I've tried many ways to bring it back to life. My last step will be taking it to the tech support, because I live in Brazil, and I'm pretty sure they will charge me expensively as hell.
 
KashMiester
Old
#14  
KashMiester's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 221
Join Date: Apr 2011
[QUOTE=hebert_hrs;54491327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbreeze View Post
Guys my gf's Nexus 5 shutdown today and just refuses to boot up. It doesn't do anything with any of the keys pressed in any of the combinations that are defined. But once it is plugged in to the charger or USB, the google logo pops up and the phone keeps on rebooting to that logo. If the volume down key is pressed when this is happening, the fastboot mode is visible for a second and the phone keeps rebooting. No action can be done in the fastboot mode due to the quick reboot. I am attaching the video of the problem. Any help guys?

Did you get it fixed? I have the same issue and I've tried many ways to bring it back to life. My last step will be taking it to the tech support, because I live in Brazil, and I'm pretty sure they will charge me expensively as hell.
I'm in the same boat, unfortuantely i'm at a loss in what to do, i'm going to send it back to Google and await a replacement, meanwhile i'll get my hands on some cheap old phone for now.
 
::neXGen::
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2014
Had my Nexus 5 for about a few month now, and have loved it till this morning, it decided to just shut off (full battery too) and i tried to turn it on and it is now just constantly starting up to the "Google" splash screen then shutting off.

Sometimes it gets to the the 4 color circles then shuts off.

I want to enter into recovery mode, but I have no time to click recovery mode as it reboots frequently
One thing i noticed when it did boot up was the power button seems to be extremely sensitive and volatile

 
dueltothedeath
Old
#16  
dueltothedeath's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 297
Join Date: Feb 2011
I had this same problem.. It constantly rebooted and wouldn't let me get into recovery.. Every time I plugged in the charger it would reboot also. You have to let the battery completely drain.. I gave it a couple weeks.. then tried it again and it worked.
Flashaholic user
The Following User Says Thank You to dueltothedeath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hbb20
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2014
Info 2 Found a solution

Well same thing started to happening with me yesterday after installing android L's developers' preview in my nexus 5. It worked well for first 4-5 hours but then after terminating a phone call when I put it back to my pocket problem started. I searched many forums for solution then I decided to re-install from image. I connected my phone to My PC (Which had driver installed & fastBoot setup) dramatically my phone started working well. And I detached my phone from PC. So I thought it might solved because after supplying charging. But after 3-4 hours it started again so I directly plugged in to electric socket but it kept on rebooting. Then I turned on my PC and attached my nexus 5 with it. Again it started dramatically.

Still I don't know the exact reason behind it. But good new is my phone is still working since last 16 hours... But I took care of not to launch some apps listed risky for developer's preview. So I thing some incompatible app launch may be a reason... but still its only "may be"

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dueltothedeath View Post
I had this same problem.. It constantly rebooted and wouldn't let me get into recovery.. Every time I plugged in the charger it would reboot also. You have to let the battery completely drain.. I gave it a couple weeks.. then tried it again and it worked.
If it happens again try what I just answered and let us know if it worked for you? So we can come to know if solution was nexus 5 specific or android L specific. Also mention the OS version, please.

Tags
boot loop, nexus 5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more