FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Nexus 5 constantly rebooting at 'Google'

20th January 2015, 02:45 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Adjust Power button
Had the same problem . all of sudden reboot was in loops . adjusted the power button , pressed it hard sidewise few times, and that did work

15th March 2015, 05:21 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
awesome..... had this problem 2 weeks ago, thought the button stucked somehow and did it hard.... and worked, until now, and now nothing helps, hopefully the magnet will, other way I have one piece of ******
27th March 2015, 09:33 PM |#43  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thumbs up Flicking the power button worked!
So I had this same issue. Nothing was working, I even opened up the phone and everything. Even the magnet trick didn't work, but flicking the power button did the trick! What a brilliant piece of advice there! Thank God for this wonderful community!
Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. Has anyone else who has been able to fix this the first time, had this issue reoccur to them? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparx75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2015, 12:38 PM |#44  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx75

So I had this same issue. Nothing was working, I even opened up the phone and everything. Even the magnet trick didn't work, but flicking the power button did the trick! What a brilliant piece of advice there! Thank God for this wonderful community!
Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. Has anyone else who has been able to fix this the first time, had this issue reoccur to them? Thanks.

Same here! Nothing but the flicking! After almost a month my nexus is up for more than a minute! I know still can be worse but, I'm hopeful! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
Anyway, my new phone is on the way but still love this piece of tech.
29th March 2015, 09:33 PM |#45  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefiqs

Same here! Nothing but the flicking! After almost a month my nexus is up for more than a minute! I know still can be worse but, I'm hopeful! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
Anyway, my new phone is on the way but still love this piece of tech.

Lol what do you mean its up for more than a minute? As in it it works perfectly fine? Thats great news if so. I haven't had an issue after fixing it either. Its been a couple of days now.
30th March 2015, 04:31 PM |#46  

More
It worked for about an hour and than had to start flicking again. After, about 6 hours use. And flick. Now it is up for 13 hours. And I'm happy.
16th April 2015, 08:12 AM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Flicking / Tapping solved it for me
Thanks everyone for their inputs. I was planning to try the magnet trick but when I read about the flicking / tapping thing, I tried that first.

I just tapped the power button with the index finger good 5 times, sometimes so hard that the button got pressed. And then I tried to power it on without any cable connected. Boom, it booted up!!

Earlier, I was facing the same problem as many; the phone was not starting at all, however many buttons you pressed in whatever all combinations. When plugged in, it was rebooting at the Google Logo without any button being pressed.

Hope this would be helpful. Thanks all. Made my day!!
18th April 2015, 08:56 PM |#48  
Flag Stanwood
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Beat the **** out of my phone till the button died, but I can use my phone for now!
Last edited by BigJeff; 18th April 2015 at 10:58 PM.
24th April 2015, 05:48 PM |#49  
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by stshhh

Happened to me 20 minutes ago!

This method worked for me!
"To anyone reading this who is experiencing the same problem:
Basically, just take your case off and flick the power button hard with your finger (flick, not press), and also press it quickly a couple of times. This should be enough to no longer have your power button be stuck."

I hope i don't get the same issue again!

Thanks, fixed flicking the power button.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot loop, nexus 5
Previous Thread Next Thread