FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[Q] Nexus 5 constantly rebooting at 'Google'

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By steelbreeze, Member on 8th July 2014, 07:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd May 2015, 05:57 AM |#51  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Nexus 5 constantly rebooting - Resolved
Resolved

I had same problem, first i tried every method mentioned above and once it solved my problem. But again I got the same problem after few weeks and this time no solution.

Finally i replaced my power button from local store (for around $2 )and my Nexus 5 is working fine without any issue.

So I concluded it was the power (hardware)button issue not the software issue.
Last edited by mhadonis; 2nd May 2015 at 06:00 AM.

17th May 2015, 06:43 PM |#52  

More
Amazing.. flicking and non stop tapping on the power button did the work.. thanks man!
9th June 2015, 03:39 AM |#53  

More
Thumbs up That worked...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt

This happened the me a few months ago. Google RMAed o e to me and overnighted a replacement. The weird thing is they sent me a label to return the phone to LG, then a day later they said not to use that label but use a new one and the new one was labeled to Google in Mountain View. I'm guessing it is happening a lot and Google wanted to look at it themselves.

Also I fixed mind with a couple magnets from a hard drive I took apart. I just kept playing with it around the power button, then having the phone sideways with the power button sitting on top of the magnet I was able to get it to boot up and flash back to stock, etc, then kept playing with it and problem went away. I emailed Google that I did that and sent the phone back anyways.

I specifically made an account to post that this actually worked. I have a Nexus 5 running Android and it kept restarting at the Google screen when plugged in to either a computer or wall charger. Key combinations did nothing. Held a magnet to it for one second, then it started booting normally and seems to be OK now. Though I don't know if this will last forever!

First thing I did was go to settings and back everything up. Hopefully if this thing shuts down for good I'll at least be backed up. Thanks for the tip I never would have dreamt of trying... appreciated.
23rd June 2015, 06:21 PM |#54  

More
Thumbs up i got it
okay i found a solution to this keep it on charge and tap the power button and keep tapping that **** till your phone comes on but you have to be really fast like FLASH fast....basically its just like a jump start to your car battery let me know if it works @ savesameep@gmail.com
26th June 2015, 09:32 AM |#55  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Flicking and non stop tapping on the power button did the work..
26th June 2015, 03:25 PM |#56  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,055

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnildixit3

Flicking and non stop tapping on the power button did the work..

the trick held up on my wife's phone for the last 24 hours...when i rebooted to recovery, i was using a magnet to press the power button as well...good luck
1st July 2015, 05:11 PM |#57  

More
think i fix it
well my nexus 5 was driving me crazy , i tried pushing the power button quickly but it was just a temporary remedy , and i thought this hell began with lollipop, so i just downgraded my phone to kitkat and everything went back to normal again
1st July 2015, 11:44 PM |#58  

More
i fixed mine
just lightly slam your cell phone on wooden service on the top corner of the power button it be fixed i tried on mine it works. trust
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot loop, nexus 5
Previous Thread Next Thread