Originally Posted by dillalade
After trying all suggestions.
Only the above magnet trickery WORKED.
Magnet held at the power switch for 1second did the trick!!!!!.
This worked for me.
My N5 was constantly booting to the Google logo, then booting again. It did this while on power, but was completely unresponsive when disconnected from the power.
We have some very strong, small fridge magnets and I presses one against the power button as I pressed it in to try and start the phone, and bingo, it worked. Phone is at least up and running now.
No idea if this is a permanent fix or not. But at least the phone's back on.