Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 5 Back cover replacement. HELP

OP razzack3000

9th June 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

71 posts
Hi, So I recently had my nexus 5 black one go through the washer... It is dead so I ordered a new red one. I think the red one looks good, but I like the back cover of the black Nexus 5. Considering that my Black Nexus 5 has water damage, is it possible I can just use it's black back cover on the new Red Nexus 5? The Nexus 5 Black back cover does contain the vibrator, Radios and NFC.... It is fully dry and there arent any signs of rust. So I wanted to know despite the water damage, it is dry now, I was wondering if the old back cover would work on the new Nexus 5. And is there any possibility that my new red Nexus 5 will get ruined because of using a water damaged black cover? I want to try and put the black water damaged back cover onto the New red nexus 5 but I am afraid I might ruin my brand new red Nexus 5.
Last edited by razzack3000; 9th June 2014 at 08:25 AM.
9th June 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag OH
Thanks Meter: 36

193 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzack3000

Hi, So I recently had my nexus 5 black one go through the washer... It is dead so I ordered a new red one. I think the red one looks good, but I like the back cover of the black Nexus 5. Considering that my Black Nexus 5 has water damage, is it possible I can just use it's black back cover on the new Red Nexus 5? The Nexus 5 Black back cover does contain the vibrator, Radios and NFC.... It is fully dry and there arent any signs of rust. So I wanted to know despite the water damage, it is dry now, I was wondering if the old back cover would work on the new Nexus 5. And is there any possibility that my new red Nexus 5 will get ruined because of using a water damaged black cover? I want to try and put the black water damaged back cover onto the New red nexus 5 but I am afraid I might ruin my brand new red Nexus 5.

i dont see why not

the vibrating motor is just held on with a little sticky tape... take if off the red and put it on the black one... the antenna should be fine as they are only coils....

wanna get rid of the red door instead? i like the black /red door combo
9th June 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag 3.137136,101.594663
Thanks Meter: 412

1,763 posts
More
Should be fine. Use the new electronics from the red unit but only the back door from the black.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
back, broken, help !, please ?, water damage
Previous Thread Next Thread