5,593,293 Members 32,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does the Nexus 5 CPU throttle down while charging?

Tip us?

kensim781
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Does the Nexus 5 CPU throttle down while charging?

Been experiencing slight lagging when running some light to medium intensive apps, like Flipboard, Newsstand or PvZ 2. Is it due to the Snapdragon throttling down to prevent temperature spike? Anyone ezperiencing this?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7379
It throttles down when "hot"

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

kensim781
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
It throttles down when "hot"

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Roger that and thanks for the info...

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensim781 View Post
Roger that and thanks for the info...
Charging the battery causes the phone to heat up. The more the phone is doing during that time the hotter it will get (above average usage) and more likely for CPU throttling to occur.

Try disabling as many background apps and processes as you can to reduce the phone's current draw while charging. You can also have it charge faster and cooler in Airplane mode but of course many apps would not be usable then.
W32

kensim781
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Charging the battery causes the phone to heat up. The more the phone is doing during that time the hotter it will get (above average usage) and more likely for CPU throttling to occur.

Try disabling as many background apps and processes as you can to reduce the phone's current draw while charging. You can also have it charge faster and cooler in Airplane mode but of course many apps would not be usable then.
Wow great advice, never occur to me lol... thanks