Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 horizontal lines on display.

Tip us?

dcosmopolitan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Nexus 5 horizontal lines on display.

I recently bought a Nexus 5 32 GB Black from Google Play Store India. I find an issue with the display. I can see horizontal lines on the display on looking closer to the screen. Anyone else facing similar issue? Just wanted to be sure that the issue is with my device only before requesting for RMA. It really can't be captured on a camera, but if anyone has seen it already, they should be able to know what I am talking about.
The Following User Says Thank You to dcosmopolitan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradellis51
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcosmopolitan View Post
I recently bought a Nexus 5 32 GB Black from Google Play Store India. I find an issue with the display. I can see horizontal lines on the display on looking closer to the screen. Anyone else facing similar issue? Just wanted to be sure that the issue is with my device only before requesting for RMA. It really can't be captured on a camera, but if anyone has seen it already, they should be able to know what I am talking about.
Thats just the LCD panel behind the glass. My HTC One had that, as well as my nexus 4.

dcosmopolitan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradellis51 View Post
Thats just the LCD panel behind the glass. My HTC One had that, as well as my nexus 4.
So, are we supposed to live with that?

I just verified my friend's Nexus 4 and did not notice this issue.

bradellis51
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well its not a problem when the screen is on.. The only time you can notice it is if your looking at it in a certain angle in a certain light lol.

dcosmopolitan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradellis51 View Post
well its not a problem when the screen is on.. The only time you can notice it is if your looking at it in a certain angle in a certain light lol.
I see it all the time. It is clearly visible on white and light backgrounds.

hakim1125
Old
(Last edited by hakim1125; 26th November 2013 at 01:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I've got them too. You can see them very prominently in the orange part of the wallpaper. Sorry about the orientation/Quality. Taken with my Nexus 7. x)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1385427953512.jpg
Views:	2311
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	2414817  

gautham_y
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thank you for making this topic! I have the same issue and I was wondering if it's just me. I can see the horizontal lines without even looking at the screen up close. I haven't had a chance to compare it with anything else though... I'm sending in my device for RMA due to the power button, I can report back in about 10 days if the new device has the same issue (if you want).

americasteam
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Using the same wallpaper, I don't see these lines on my device. I would definitely send it back for a replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Endoran
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Yeah I don't think that's normal. I don't have those lines either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

rrumi001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I notice this as well. I never saw this with my previous phone (iphone 4s). Is this a defect?